P90X Calorie allotment

Options
I am starting P90X on Friday. Based on the guidelines of the plan, my daily allotment of calories is about 1000 calories higher than MFP. Has anyone else come across this dilemma. How did you decide how many calories to eat?

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just tagging this for later reference, as I'm curious. I know just about every calorie counter I've ever looked at told me I should be eating about 500-700 calories more than I can comfortably cram into my face hole.
  • kevinvs
    kevinvs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    repost
  • sweetydelishus
    sweetydelishus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wanna know this right now too! Can someone who's done p90X successfully, please answer this question?
  • foxylady522
    Options
    bump!

I am curious too. I plan to start P90X November 1 and my HRM is broken at the moment :)
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have completed 4 rounds of P90X now. I absolutely love it! It has slowly but surely changed my whole outlook on health and fitness. Started at 314 pounds - now 255

The meal plan will give you a ton of calories to play with. It all depends on what your goals are. If you have substantial fat to lose, you will want to run a small calorie deficit to maximize your weight loss. For example if you allow yourself a calorie goal of 2300 per day.- You burn around 600 with p90x on average - that will give you a net of 1700 calories per day. How much weight and more importantly body mass lost will depend on your food choices and your exercise intensity.

If you're already in good shape and weight loss is not the goal -calories may be higher etc etc

Feel free to friend me if you'd like some support.
    My wife and I can vouch for the effectiveness of the program
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    as stated above... small deficit only. With P90X, I discovered that if I didn't eat ALOT that I would get burned out very quickly. I would also be extremely tired all day long. It is a very intense program and if done correctly will work you like no other. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to finish it. After 4 back surgeries, I had to adjust too much for it to be as effective as I wanted it to be plus me finding time for 90 min a day was ridiculously hard lol

It will work - there is no doubt. I would start with the calories he tells you to eat, then adjust from there based on how you feel and how you progress. Do NOT try and weigh and measure alot - just pick a milestone time like 30 days :)