sometimes it gets difficult...others around you eating pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just had a bacon bbw chicken calzone instead of pizza.

...now I want pizza
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just had a bacon bbw

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I save up calories for eating out. Or work off a bit more. I go by my weekly calorie goal and remind myself this is not a diet but a sustainable life style change.

Don't be afraid of food or let food control your choices and actions.
  • mkassinen
    Options

Me: Hello, Pizza. . . I like you, you taste like winning.
    Pizza: I like you, too! And I swear I did not make your jeans too tight.
    Me: I know Pizza, I know. That was me, not you.
    Pizza: I know right?! But it really hurts my feelings when you blame me for eating too many calories.
    Me: Yep, I feel you. I'm sorry, Pizza.

And then the healing begins. ^_^

Love this. Pizza and I are going to have this chat.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    so tonight we went out to a semi-restaurant that carries limited healthy choices. I had a cup of soup. my husband and step-children and well, my toddler had pizza. I know I can't deal with pizza right now. can't log it...just too difficult. I am looked at as a freak...but I am trying to eat healthy. let's face it...pizza (unless made a certain way) isn't healthy. I have made my own pizza...it can be healthy.
    Don't be ridiculous. Pizza is healthy.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Life without pizza isn't a life at all.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza almost once a week.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Deprivation isn't the way to lose weight. Calorie limits are the way to lose weight. You can get calories from pizza, so you have to take those calories from somewhere else. When I know there is a pizza meal in my day, I know I'm going to have a soup meal for one of the other meals. As long as you log the pizza and allow for the calories, there's no reason to avoid it. Enjoy!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza. It's healthy. I make sure to fit it into my calories for the most part.
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating pizza. Nothing. You can still lose weight if you don't eat it in huge amounts. Personally, I eat pizza multiple times a week because I have a crap work schedule and never enough time to cook or eat properly. Am I losing weight at the pace I want to? Not exactly. But I have lost weight... still eating pizza.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't deprive yourself of something you really want and there's nothing wrong with having a slice with your soup. However, you also shouldn't be judged for your decision to abstain from pizza. I've given up dairy due to health issues and, as a college student, I attend many events where only pizza is offered. If that's something you really feel is important to your health right now, it's okay not to have pizza and everyone else should accept that. When I was younger, I didn't like pizza. I learned to eat it because sometimes it was the only option, but I don't really miss it. When I see my boyfriend's sister trying to get her daughter to eat pizza, it makes me sad. If someone wants healthier food, they should be allowed to have it.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I have learned to love my individual size cheese pizza with mushrooms and onions. I have also tried spinach onn it but I'll jsut stick with the mushrooms and onion. And I get to eat the whole thing!!! If I eat it slow enough with techniques like cutting each individual pieces into pieces it makes it last longer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I believe in everything in moderation, including pizza.

That said, I have not gotten to that point yet with foods like Oreos......therefore I avoid them like the plague.

Just eat what you are comfortable with NOW. You might be able to have just one piece of pizza at another time.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza. It's healthy. I make sure to fit it into my calories for the most part.

Pretty much this.... I like pizza... why give it up? I can work around it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't deprive yourself of something you really want and there's nothing wrong with having a slice with your soup. However, you also shouldn't be judged for your decision to abstain from pizza. I've given up dairy due to health issues and, as a college student, I attend many events where only pizza is offered. If that's something you really feel is important to your health right now, it's okay not to have pizza and everyone else should accept that. When I was younger, I didn't like pizza. I learned to eat it because sometimes it was the only option, but I don't really miss it. When I see my boyfriend's sister trying to get her daughter to eat pizza, it makes me sad. If someone wants healthier food, they should be allowed to have it.

Healthier? What is not healthy about bread, cheese, veggies and/or meat? Seriously. Can someone explain how these ingredients which are okayed as healthy by themselves, suddenly become "unhealthy or unhealthier" when combined together?

Do the chemical makeup of each item suddenly mutate and become toxic?
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Despite what others say, you don't have to eat pizza.

Just try to pick restaurants where you will be happy. I ate a vegan or vegetarian diet for a decade and I just requested that we find restaurants that could accommodate us all. Do that and you will be happy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Despite what others say, you don't have to eat pizza.

Just try to pick restaurants where you will be happy. I ate a vegan or vegetarian diet for a decade and I just requested that we find restaurants that could accommodate us all. Do that and you will be happy.

Of course you don't have to if you don't like it. What "the others" are saying is it is okay to eat pizza. It's not "bad" for you and just like any food - do it in moderation and fit it into your weekly calorie goal.

And there are vegan/vegetarian pizzas too. So yay! Everyone can enjoy!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My point was that she could find a restaurant that was compatible with her dietary needs where she wouldn't have soup as the only option. Of course, I am envisioning that as her only option based on the OP.

And, notwithstanding, it may be that she doesn't want to have pizza. My family had pizza tonight. I *could* have had one piece and I love pizza. However, I'd rather not have it. Would it have "fit my macros"? Yes. But, I'd rather not have it when I am watching. OP may be of that mindset, too.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Me: Hello, Pizza. . . I like you, you taste like winning.
    Pizza: I like you, too! And I swear I did not make your jeans too tight.
    Me: I know Pizza, I know. That was me, not you.
    Pizza: I know right?! But it really hurts my feelings when you blame me for eating too many calories.
    Me: Yep, I feel you. I'm sorry, Pizza.

And then the healing begins. ^_^
    This is... this is so beautiful. :smooched:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Pizza really isn't that hard to log. If you cut out all the foods you love, you'll make yourself miserable and greatly increase your chances of failing.