How many hours a day do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mon though Fri - 30-60 minutes of cardio (rowing/elliptical)
    Mon/Wed/Fri - weights (different groups usually 30 min+)
    Sat - 3 to 6 hours of walking or other non gym activity
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    according to MFP, about 5.5-6 hours per week. 4 runs, 2 other w/o's
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym 3 days a week for 45 to 90 minutes, depending on what I'm in. And I run 4 or 5 days a week: anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 or 3 hours. And I sneak some yoga in there every once in a while.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Some days I exercise for zero minutes. Weights days about 45 minutes, which includes a warm-up. Long runs up to 2-3 hours. Short runs 30-45 minutes. It all depends on what I'm doing that day.

During the summer I'm in rest mode, so all I do is weights and maybe some light cardio - a couple hours a week, tops. We're moving into fall/winter, which is my training season, so I'm doing more like 6-8 hours a week. :flowerforyou:
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    At this stage a minimum of 60mins, and anywhere up to 90mins max is all I can handle. I'm only exercising 3-4 times a week at this level due to injuries though and hope to increase it to 6-7 days a week over time.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Damn you people do a lot of exercise, I think I would die if I tried to workout as much as some of you.

I do 40mins daily, 6 days per week. So averages 34mins per day over the week.

I do some other things, like walking and recreational activities like kayaking that aren't included in that. That is just my workout exercise, not so much my fun exercise lol
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I do 40-45 minutes right now with a few workouts hitting the 60 I'm aiming for as everything gets stronger (tendons/joints issues).

My rest day or two is still usually 40-45 minutes but of restful stuff ;) Sometimes only 20, though.

This is all for very planned working out. Other activity is whenever, although I do have to skip my planned workout if the other is too hard a day!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1 hr to 2 hr every 2nd day....geteeer done!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Currently shooting for 3 to 4 hours of cardio per week. I also do 2 hours of strength training a week.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I workout 4/5 days a week. 30-80 mins cardio and 20-40 mins strength.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Usually just 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, at work. There's a nice walking trail that's pretty safe to use during the day.

I'm integrating a couple 45 minute sessions with EA Active.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I do about 6-9 hours per week, which consists of pole dancing 3x per week, Crossfit 3x per week, weights 2-3x per week, yoga class 1x per week, and running/walking/hiking 1-2x per week. In the summer I might do more because I go on some weekend hikes that are 8 hours in one day in and of themselves. I usually work out 5 days per week, sometimes 6.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I've been walking to work and walking for local errands (grocery store unless I have heavy items, bank, drug store), and hiking on the weekend. I also walk my dog 2x a day. She usually comes to work with me, though.

Weekdays: 1-2 hours a day (1 hour to work and home again, 1 hour to a store and back)

Weekends: 2-5 hours a day, depending on the hike

Sometimes I do calisthenics, too, but that's not a big time commitment.

I'm in an October challenge to exercise 24 hours in the month and found I exercised 24 hours in a week just walking around instead of using my car.
  • WinterfullyPINK
    Options
    At least 60 minutes, usually about 150 mins, and on good days 210, =)
  • AcidWords21
    AcidWords21 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1.5-2.5 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.
  • doodlecakes_07
    doodlecakes_07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I spend 1-2.5 hours a day, six days a week exercising. Sometimes it's mostly cardio, others it's mostly strength. I try to have a couple intense cardio days, as well as having a couple intense strength training sessions.

Typical Workout:
    -15 minutes abs
    - 4 mile run
    -1 hr circuit training focused on strength
    -15 min stretching
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    At the moment I do 30mins of cardio and 40mins of kettlebell exercises 3-4 days a week. This week iv done that routine 5 days a week and I dont count walking into town which Iv done 3 times this week about 30-60mins a time
  • quiqui29
    Options
    I was walking outside 1-2 hours a day for 4-5 times a wk but since weather is colder I'm going ba ck to gym 5 days a wk one hour cardio and two of those days strength training 5-10 minutes.
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    45-55 minutes a day right now, 5-6 days a week, working up to 90+ minutes of cardio/strength a day.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You guys make my jaw drop. :-0. I do walking 5 + days a week, water aerobics 2× a week, and weights 2×a week.