if offended by undies, don't look!

Options
so it's been about 2 and a half months since i started my weight loss journey. i started at 148 and i'm now down to 133. i would still like to lose 5-10 more pounds! i always look at the before & after pictures that people post & i get so inspired by how hard they worked to achieve their goals. so i'm posting these pictures for all the ladies out there that just wanna lose 15-20lbs to feel comfortable in their own skin again & hopefully seeing me will inspire you the way that others have done for me! :)

the first two were taken on August 20, 2010

10-1.jpg

10.jpg

the last two are from today... October 20, 2010

10-3.jpg

10-2.jpg

*hope the pics work!

Replies

• jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    You're looking great!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Totally not offended by undies. I have pictures of myself in em... You look great! Kudos for you showing everyone in your underwear! You must be real comfortable, which is the goal right? Great job!
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I looked at all four photos. Are these from different days?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    looking good!

(i also think it's silly when people get offended by underwear! it's like a bikini! lol Plus hsoot it's just underwear something everyone wears!)
  • kstone1976
    Options
    Great Job!!! I hope to be where you are one of these days....
  • charrison
    Options
    Way to go girl! That's great!! Maybe SOMEDAY I'll be comfortable enough to do that :) You look great and have done awesome! Keep up the good work and those last 5-10 lbs will come easy.

~C
  • Cina04
    Options
    Totally not offended by undies. I have pictures of myself in em... You look great! Kudos for you showing everyone in your underwear! You must be real comfortable, which is the goal right? Great job!

agreed.

My before pics is me in my bra and a bikini bottoms and I was 175lbs! It was me finally accepting what I look like and that I'm ready to get back into shape. Once you're not scared to show the world how much you weigh, how you look, etc....weight loss becomes easy!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    The shed pounds around your middle make your rack look perkier. What a wonderful thing! Great job.
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    I looked at all four photos. Are these from different days?

yes - i put that in the post. they are 2 months & 15lbs apart.
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but your butt/thighs look great! Hopefully one day mine will look like that :-) Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • DigitalRain
    Options
    You look great! What's your workout routine and diet?
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    You look great! Well done :)

You've got awesome legs by the way :happy:
  • amstein18
    Options
    You look great! What's your workout routine and diet?

thank you! & thank you to everyone else who commented with kind words!

i usually exercise 5 times a week (switching it up between the weight loss mode on the elliptical, intervals on the treadmill & the stationary bike. little bit of weights. I do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred when I'm too lazy to drive to the gym haha)

my diet consists of a yogurt and piece of fruit everyday for breakfast. lunch time i usually go for a reduced fat peanut butter & no sugar jelly sandwich on light wheat bread. once a week or less i have a healthy choice/lean cuisine frozen meal. dinner time i eat whatever i want (within reason)!! just in moderation of course. i have a food scale and am very careful about my portion sizes. i try to eat a small salad with lemon dressing before my dinner to fill me up a bit before i chow down. i snack on nuts, fat free popcorn, fruit, veggies, fat free pudding, etc. oh and no soda or juices!
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on the success, and good luck with the rest of your goals.

-Gillian-
  • Cina04
    Options
    I so think you should do Insanity or P90X - seems like you would be the type of person to get the results you see on TV!

When I did my first round of Insanity I had a lot of weight to shed off, so I knew to not set up high expectations. I was still shocked about my end results in only 60 days though.

I ordered the Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver. I can't wait to get it!!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your arms even look thinner!
  • amstein18
    Options
    I so think you should do Insanity or P90X - seems like you would be the type of person to get the results you see on TV!

When I did my first round of Insanity I had a lot of weight to shed off, so I knew to not set up high expectations. I was still shocked about my end results in only 60 days though.

i love jackie's shows! haha you'll have to let me know how you like it when it arrives.
    i actually did try the Insanity Fit Test a couple weeks ago & holy cow!!! that thing is NO JOKE! and that was just the fit test haha! i decided to work on my endurance for a little while longer before attempting that again.
  • Cina04
    Options

i love jackie's shows! haha you'll have to let me know how you like it when it arrives.
    i actually did try the Insanity Fit Test a couple weeks ago & holy cow!!! that thing is NO JOKE! and that was just the fit test haha! i decided to work on my endurance for a little while longer before attempting that again.

Girl!!! If I can do it at 175lbs you can do it LOL. If you watch the videos you will see the other people even shaun t needing their own mini breaks!! Your endurance will build up weekly!

My second round seems a bit easier. I still take breaks but not as much and I push myself a little more, when i can't do a move I modify it or I just jog in place.

After I was done I thought why didn't I do this sooner! LOL I also got my free shirt even though I was just halfway in my progress and it took less than a week not 8 weeks to get it! I like live in that shirt! LMAO
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good job!
  • amstein18
    Options

Girl!!! If I can do it at 175lbs you can do it LOL. If you watch the videos you will see the other people even shaun t needing their own mini breaks!! Your endurance will build up weekly!

My second round seems a bit easier. I still take breaks but not as much and I push myself a little more, when i can't do a move I modify it or I just jog in place.

After I was done I thought why didn't I do this sooner! LOL I also got my free shirt even though I was just halfway in my progress and it took less than a week not 8 weeks to get it! I like live in that shirt! LMAO

you're absolutely right.. i just have to suck it up & stick with it! maybe next week! and WOW i just looked at your pics... you look jaw-dropping AMAZING!!!!!! great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!