Loss of motivation. Need help!

Options
So I started on MFP to help me keep track of my weight, calorie intake, and exercising. It started about 3 weeks ago. I had a good amount of motivation (not a lot, but not a little). I was able to come really close to my exercise goals for the day and week. Eating , on the other hand, was alright. I was eating at about 500 calories a day (net calories), but I quickly changed that up so I was running at about 1100-1300 per day out of 1700. But this past week has been horrible! I'm eating like I did before, which wasn't super bad, but not good enough to lose 1-2 pounds per week (or gain muscle). I haven't exercised once since last Friday. Does anyone have any tips to get me back on track as far as my eating and exercising? I wanted to try and do HIIT on my treadmill or some other type of exercise in my house using HIIT. Eating, not so sure. Thank you for any advice in advance. No negativity please. xx :smile:

Replies

• slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Loss of motivation is very common. It's commitment and sustainable habits that will see you through. Given that you're netting 500 calories a day, you might be tired from all the running...1100-1300 runs and all. Also, what you eat (or don't eat) has a much greater impact on weight loss than exercise. Worth repeating: Your diet has more impact on weight loss than exercise. You might want to take a look at your calories, focus on the macros, and eat at a moderate deficit so that you can hang with this change in lifestyle for the duration. You can do this!
  • jon201983
    jon201983 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i totally agree, when im feeling exhausted and loss my motivation, its usually because of my diet. once i start eating better I have more energy and my motivation comes back!