Is water real important for weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. I hate drinking plain water, it has no taste. I liked drinking flavored water until I found out it had aspartme (sp) in it which can lead to weight gain as well as infertility so knowing that I can drink pretty much anything is a good thing :)
  • nafiatjohn
    nafiatjohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was told to go on a high fiber diet, I was also told to drink lots of water as well. I'm now drinking around five pints a day.
  • marshxomellow
    Options
    I agree with the other users mentioning the color of your urine. The clearer it is the better!!! But from personal experience I think drinking at least 5-8 glasses of water a day minimum. Depending on how much you're eating, exercising. Stay hydrated! I find it better to drink water at room temperature. I find myself with less cramps, aches that way. I'll drink cold water if I feel like I'm burning up or a bit warm.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The OP ask if water was important for weight loss and the answer is still no. Fluids are important for life in general, does not have to be pure water and does not have to be in huge quantities.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hope Ladymuscles doesn't mind me reposting her answer to where fat goes from a previous thread:

"It is being chemically changed into energy. It's burned for fuel. You've seen wood broken down by fire into ashes? Well, the heat generated is the energy. The ashes are the byproduct. The byproducts of fat metabolism are metabolites that are carried away through the kidneys and expelled in urine."

When I was having non invasive laser lipo I was told to drink tons of water to flush out the fat in the days following treatment. I don't drink much normally and immediately after my treatment (which was usually done in a fasted state when I hadn't had anything to eat or drink) I had an immediate urge to pee so I think water may be important to help flush out the fat.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have read somewhere before that most times when we feel like a snack between meals during the day it's actually our body asking for water. I don't know myself if this is true, though I find that it works for me. If I have breakfast or lunch/dinner or wake up during the night feeling hungry, I drink a few glasses of water and find that I'm no longer hungry. I try and drink around 6-8 glasses a day as it is (or a few large bottles of water) I find it makes my skin clearer and if I don't drink enough my face seems a little sunken around the eyes? I know that might sound weird lol
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    ...but what if you are taking fish oil and B vitamins and you ALWAYS have bright yellow urine?

sniff it

I have a cold, and can't smell a thing.

Ask a friend to sniff if for you, im sure someone owes you a favour?

you volunteering? :wink:

if not, I'll just stick with the amount my urologist told me to drink to prevent kidney stones. My body seems to be pretty happy when I hit 3-4 quarts a day.