WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO MFP??

Options
Just curious what brought you to MFP. I notice some ppl are on here for the social aspect. Some are on for the fitness portion. Some are on here for both. Some are on here to troll. Some are here to flirt. Some are on here to make friends. What brought you here?

For me I am fit but I enjoy seeing and interacting with other fit ppl or at least ppl who are interested in that kind of thing. I enjoy flirting...who doesnt. Believe it or not the first thing that brought me to this site about 2 yrs ago was the app to track wheight loss. Little known fact....I was overweight a few years ago due to an illness.

What keeps me here is the pure entertainment!!!!! This has to be one of the most entertaining sites in the WORLD!!!

What brought you here and waht keeps you here?

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lost lots of weight using it, then I created an account, months later I decided to use it, it worked for me so I stayed... then I discovered the forums and met pretty cool people so I am here trolling/flirting/supporting/being a doiuchebag/ being nice/ being myself.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    When people use CAPS LOCK unnecessarily. Also tacos. :bigsmile:
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended it. I stayed because it worked!
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    When I first started working out and dieting, last August 2012, I consulted a nutritionist who told me about this site and when I decided to join it, I realized she was right; it really was one of the moist helpful tools in assisting me to lose the majority of my weight. Who knew back then when I was 228lbs that I would ever even be lower than the 198lbs that I was maintaining for years before that. Even more than 70lbs less than what I was last August. Almost as if I lost a whole person with all the motivation and inspiration I received from this site. Great platform. Thank you everybody!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I came for the food logging. Stayed for the snark.

:tongue:
  • RodSuarez
    Options

I just read "I came"
  • King_Of_Juicy
    Options
    See even in these responses. There is so much variety. One guys somewhat serious buts like "Im douchey" haha. Another is a troll and gramar nazi. Another is very serious about her health. I love this F'ing place. Its like a cast from a play...a crazy, serious, funny, play hahaha!!! Great entertainment.
  • Blueyedrunner
    Options
    Love being able to keep track of every detail of what im eating! Already lost 60lb and need the last few gone! Plus who doesnt love a good flirt session, and its always good to know who would virtually date bang or marry u :)
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tracking protein intake, and somewhat tracking my overall caloric intake so I never go crazy low or crazy high.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    See even in these responses. There is so much variety. One guys somewhat serious buts like "Im douchey" haha. Another is a troll and grammar nazi. Another is very serious about her health. I love this F'ing place. Its like a cast from a play...a crazy, serious, funny, play hahaha!!! Great entertainment.

FIFY :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i came here to count cals but i don't do that i'm here to track my exercise and i love my fl they make it worth logging in every day. and the forums they can be real fun and inspirering
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

Yep :smile:
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    reddit.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My cut wasn't working as I'd like at the time so I decided I need to log exactly what I was eating. Steep learning curve but I'm getting there, know a hell of a lot more about myself than I did this time last year!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Every year my city does this this 12 week weight loss challenge called "the pound plunge" they give out small prizes along the way, but the person who looses the most weight wins a week vacation to some beach type place. Well 2 years ago I joined and over heard some of the other ladies doing the pound plunge talking about MFP so I looked it up and I've been here ever since.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I am glad y'all came.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I came here because I was too cheap to join the other diet plans I was considering and now love it here
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I found this site on accident. In one of my college courses we had to design something health oriented for children. Our group chose fitness and nutrition (quiz questions, teaching them how to do certain exercises and why we do them).The kids had a blast!

I stayed because I'm fat. LOL. I have about 76lbs left to lose and I'm trying to be patient with my progress.

:flowerforyou: feel free to add
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was using another website, but the money part of it was more than I could deal with on my budget...this site does most of what I was getting on the other one, but for free :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I was going it alone and was looking for a free site that would help keep track. Tried a site called minimins and saw a post there recommending spark people, joined spark and saw a post there recommending MFP and MFP was the best of the lot so I don't even log in to the others now! MFP is brilliant for what it was designed for!