WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO MFP??

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Because I always want to be as fit as I can, and this is great way to do that and to learn more and talk with people about fitness. Ongoing fitness takes ongoing work. I also interact with the social aspect.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and don't recognize the face I see looking back. So, I need to change it back to how I used to be :)
    Oh, and I needed help doing it, of course ;) lol.
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    I signed up for the calorie counter. I stayed because the people on my friends list are hilarious, and the message boards are full of sarcasm and bacon :heart:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I came here because I wanted to be thin. I stayed because I want to be mooscular and manly.

Grunt
  • wellarmedsheep
    Options
    I came because I've been obese my entire life.

I never cared about what I ate and just consumed the foods that I thought tasted good. One day I saw an obese man in his forties walking with a cane and I thought, "That is going to be you if you don't get it under control."

That was two months ago and I'm down more than 20 pounds. I've gone down three notches on my belt and learned that healthy food can actually be tasty and filling.

My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the school year (I'm a teacher) Hopefully next year kids won't be saying they have the fat geography teacher.
  • susanne1999
    susanne1999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    trying to loose weight, looked for a website that will count how many calories i consumed daily and googled 'calorie counter' and MFP came up!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We have a PE program through my job...One of the emails I got recommended this site...I had/have been trying to lose weight, and it was free, so I thought I'd give it a try...I LOVE this site...You're right--you learn a lot about yourself, too...I have lost nineteen pounds, so far in three months...

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I needed something to help me figure out why I wasn't losing weight. I started tracking, and found that I was eating a lot more than I thought. Doing a little exercising (Walking) . So for me, it has been slow, but I'm working at it...
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the calorie counter and a friend recommended the site. I have enjoyed the motivation, tips and challenges. I also enjoy the flirting!! I stay because the people on my friends list are hilarious and they keep me accountable. They actually want to see me progress and I love it!:happy:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the calorie counter and a friend recommended the site. I have enjoyed the motivation, tips and challenges. I also enjoy the flirting!! I stay because the people on my friends list are hilarious and they keep me accountable. They actually want to see me progress and I love it!:happy:

Still waiting for my pics :wink:
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Found MFP when looking for a place to track food and make myself accountable! I really didn't have any friends for over a yr but I am so glad that I do now! woo hoo for MFP!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Luck brought me here. Success keeps me coming back.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I signed up because that's the only way to see the food database. I stay because it gives me some place else to stalk other than Tumblr.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    flex4all did
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For me, it was an alternative to Weight watchers and it was free. Plus, i liked the fact that i could track more than just points/calories. Now i am tracking my macros. I am almost at 400 days of logging and i plan to keep going. I have lost 106 pounds so far. It is coming off slower now that i am closer to my goal. I am the healthiest and in best shape i've been in my life at 45 years old. Besides the program itself, I have met some amazing people through this site that motivate and inspire me every day. They are the ones that keep me going. If i have a bad day or feel like i am in a rut, they are there to give me a swift kick in the *kitten*, which is what i need sometime :-)
  • King_Of_Juicy
    Options
    Love being able to keep track of every detail of what im eating! Already lost 60lb and need the last few gone! Plus who doesnt love a good flirt session, and its always good to know who would virtually date bang or marry u :)

Nice! For the record....would BANG...rate 10/10....*SWAT* :bigsmile:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I had googled something about Kashi GoLean and came across a link on the one of the forums that just about made me fall out laughing....all these people commenting on how that stuff was worse than a Taco Bell drive-thru at 2 AM on their digestive systems.

Not that I usually enjoy reading about other people's bathroom issues :noway: , but it was just hilarious, seeing a lot of people with such interesting and varying senses of humor, so I joined and stuck around.

I must say though.....all those comments kept me from trying it. I'll stick with oatmeal.
  • nataliejulie
    Options
    I like making friends, even though I'm new and don't have that many :/

And it's soooo much easier keeping a diary for your nutrition and exercise.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    The fact that i am fat...
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I came for the food logging. Stayed for the snark.

:tongue:

ditto