Looking for an encouraging friend to help me stay on track!

Options
Hey there my fitness pals! I'm looking for someone to help boost my thoughts and trudge through this whole weight loss roller coaster. In the past year I've gained 17 pounds and I'm trying to shed them, the healthy way. Lately I've been too emotional and getting very discouraged. Seems like I spend more time crying in a pile of clothes that don't fit than I do in the gym. I just can't seem to stay motivated or find anyone to talk to that understands just how hard it is for me to lose weight. I lost 3lbs only to gain 4 back the next week. I would really appreciate any advice you have to give. I really want to look in the mirror and feel good about myself again.
Sincerely,
Courtney

Replies

• dansu2000
    Options
    Add me, would love to be your pal:)
  • paulgee11369
    Options
    add me I will help too!
  • Karsenjae
    Options
    I just foudn this site. I am on the same journey as you and need all the support as well. let's do this together :) I know I need it...my weight is consuming my life in such a negative way :( i am desperate for a healthy change
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Add me too! You can do it. First you have to .....HAVE TO decide to lose the weight for YOU. No one else. Make a commitment to your self and just do it. We will all be here to help you. You have to want to help you first. Blessings. Vickie
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :) You can do this!
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Hey there, I'll be your buddy :) I know how hard and discouraging it can be and ever since I found this site it has totally helped me and everyone is fantastic. Everyone w/ the same goal at getting healthy. Make the choice to do this for you and take every day as it comes. Sometimes lookin at the whole picture of how long it seems we have to go, is overwhelming. So take one day, do well. get up, and start again :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! All of us can, it's about YOU and also who you have in your corner being your cheerleader, and we all are here for ya :)

Keep your head up young person :)
    God Bless!
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free add me too! It's so important to have people to support in changing life habits!
  • dana01996
    dana01996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! The support here is amazing!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. Deciding to shed pounds is a commitment. You can do it if you want to, you just have to exercise and count calories.

Its really funny, at the gym, some of the ladies are always asking, "How did you loose weight?" and I say,

"The old fashioned way, you HAVE to count calories. You HAVE to keep a food diary."

Best of luck.
  • almaliora
    Options
    Thank you soooo much! Just reading everyone's response has got me more inspired. I never check my facebook, but I guarantee you that I will be on this site everyday!!!