Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Trampoline !
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots. And if you use a fibre supplement as has been suggested, make sure you up your water intake too.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    have you tried tracking your fibre intake? I aim for 30g a day... I have chia seeds and flax seed to help keep it high, and prunes and dried fruit are good as well :) I also drink ridiculous amounts of water.

If I didn't go for 1 day I would be freaking out... I get movements 3 times a day or more! (haha TMI) I remember once I didn't go for 2 days after I had eaten a lot of meat and no vegetables... wow that was horrible, never felt that sick in my life :(

Hope you fix this little issue asap!
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    Dried apricots. And if you use a fibre supplement as has been suggested, make sure you up your water intake too.

yes! If you have high fibre you NEED lots of water :)
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    Dates work for me. Be careful what you try though, too much fiber can plug you up as well. Yes... I'm speaking from experience.

I have heard this before, but I think it's if you SUDDENLY increase your fibre, rather than gradually... I can happily have 40g and no issues ;)
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you try though, too much fiber can plug you up as well. Yes... I'm speaking from experience.
    That can happen if you don't drink enough WATER with fiber (chia / flaxseeds / pysllium / oatmeal / etc)

... without water, the fiber kinda sets up like cement would ! oh my !!
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee. And occasionally, I will drink senna tea.
  • losing4799
    Options
    prunes, high water intake, green tea, caffeine, senna tablets/tea. I deal with the no pooping thing too. 2998300-everybody-poops.jpg
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Prunes
    Plums
    Apples
    Natural yogurt and kefir

Rice works the other way so maybe you should limit it.
  • arcadia1983
    arcadia1983 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the Smooth Move herbal teas. It has Senna which is a natural laxative. You drink it before going to sleep and it should help in the morning.
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try a couple tablespoons ground chia seeds in water once a day. I was amazed at the difference this made for me.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    natural? nothing more natural than a chicken vindaloo or a late nate donner kebab, always seems to keep me regular.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I find a combination of prunes, natural bran and flax seeds work fairly well.

I started having problems after my gall bladder was removed earlier this year.

Good luck :-)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So, i've never been a person that poos daily. Its about every 4 days for me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

AIM: To investigate the effect of reducing dietary fiber on patients with idiopathic constipation.

RESULTS: The median age of the patients (16 male, 47 female) was 47 years (range, 20-80 years). At 6 mo, 41 patients remained on a no fiber diet, 16 on a reduced fiber diet, and 6 resumed their high fiber diet for religious or personal reasons. Patients who stopped or reduced dietary fiber had significant improvement in their symptoms while those who continued on a high fiber diet had no change.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i know, TMI topic but advice would be appreciated.

So, i've never been a person that poos daily. Its about every 4 days for me. Yes, i'm serious. People always said that i needed to eat healthier/drink more water/ cut out the junk food/ etc etc. Well i've obviously done that but no change. I eat lots of fruits and veggies daily, I average about 12 cups of water a day, still twice a week tops. Thursday I actually took my very first laxative because it had been a week and my stomach was starting to hurt. I dont want to rely on these. Any natural remedies anyone can suggest?

Get yourself some magnesium tabs. I take 250 mgs per day along with my calcium, vitamin D and a multiple vitamin. Magnesium will keep you regular. My naturopath told me about it and doesn't know why most doctors won't tell their patients about it. If 250 mgs doesn't move you, up it to 400 mgs. It works like a charm.
  • salamagundy
    Options
    Try kiwi fruit every day
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    brocolli works for me
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use Magnesium Citrate liquid (one third to half bottle) every couple of days.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Eat a proper diet, that should help a lot.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this counts as natural lol...I was having issues a couple weeks ago and I had been eating very healthy, mostly whole foods etc...then I ate 2 McDonalds hamburgers (with half of one bun) and a small fries...and the next day...all fixed!