C25K app question

Options
Hi everyone.. So I just finished week one of C25K lite (the free one). Since I like the app, I went ahead & just bought the actual app C25K. I want to be able to play music on it like it tells me I can but apparently I dont have any music to choose from.. How do I get music on there?? It says just tap on the music you want but I dont have Any choices to get songs, albums or playlists. I need help plz!! tomorrow morning i'll be using the app so if I can have an answer b4 that, that would be great ;)
Thanks guys

Replies

• emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You need to have music on your phone, from what I understand. I'm not positive. I just use Pandora at the same time as C25k:) Good luck!
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    So even w/ pandora playin, i'll be able to hear that guy say run or walk?
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you are using an iphone, just use one of your playlists on the ipod. I also pair this app with the Nike+ GPS to keep track of my routes and calories burned.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have an android phone. I can hear the guy talk with pandora running, its a little on the quiet side, but worked for me.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    Thanks guys.. I just d/l Pandora & I have an android not an iphone ;) hopefully tomorrow's run/walk will be Great! I also use My Track app.. Its just like the nike app.. Except it doesnt track cals! Does the nikey???
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid too and yes, you can hear the cues while pandora is playing. I also use RunKeeper at the same time to track my distance, pace, time, etc. But I turn off the 5 minute marker notification, it gets annoying! Runkeeper also shows how many calories burned, and it's sometimes very accurate to my HRM, but I only go off of my HRM now:) Make sure your phone is charge completely... having all these apps running at the same time makes it die quick! lol
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    I have a Droid too and yes, you can hear the cues while pandora is playing. I also use RunKeeper at the same time to track my distance, pace, time, etc. But I turn off the 5 minute marker notification, it gets annoying! Runkeeper also shows how many calories burned, and it's sometimes very accurate to my HRM, but I only go off of my HRM now:) Make sure your phone is charge completely... having all these apps running at the same time makes it die quick! lol

Ok I think I have everything now considerin I dont have a HRM yet lol have all my apps (pandora, runkeeper, & c25k) ready for tomorrow's am workout ;)
    Thanks again for the info.. & i'll make sure my phone is fully charged b4 I got out ;) lol
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love the runkeeper app. I have mine set to go off after every mile.
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nike+ does track the calories, not sure if it's available on android, though. Have fun with your run, I'm on week 2 day 1 tomorrow for the second time. I was at the end of week 2 when I got sick, so I just restarted when I felt better.
  • StrawberryJamrozy
    Options
    Hey!
    I just bought the C25K app, and I'm trying to connect it to MyFitnessPal, but everytime I click 'connect', it takes me to a webpage with no option to link the 2 apps.
    I also can't see to find an option in the settings of the C25K app.

Can anyone help out at all?
    Thanks!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike+ does estimate cals.

As for music through c25k - I used one that was 100% free - c25kFREE by ZenLabs. I could use any of my playlists, worked great. It mutes the music when the app tells you when to run or walk, etc.

Now I run with Nike+, Runkeeper, my music, and occasionally the Zombies, Run! app all going at the same time! :tongue:
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing...is there an answer?
  • joied
    Options
    Hey!
    I just bought the C25K app, and I'm trying to connect it to MyFitnessPal, but everytime I click 'connect', it takes me to a webpage with no option to link the 2 apps.
    I also can't see to find an option in the settings of the C25K app.

Can anyone help out at all?
    Thanks!
  • joied
    Options
    I found the answer to connecting mfp to C25k. When you've finished your training run using C25k, it will ask you if you want to share. One of the options is mfp. Choose mfp & it will take you to a permission page where you can allow the two apps to share info. Hope this helps.
  • gohodags77
    gohodags77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • smiles430
    smiles430 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for letting us know how to connect the app. i never read that part about sharing at the end because i really don't want to share on facebook etc. thanks!