I tried , I failed and now I need boosting

Options
Hey all well to my friends already on here I have posted this on my timeline :

Ok everyone I have a confession I well and truly have fallen back into old ways I have gained over a stone . I have had quite a lot bad news recently and a lot of stresses and sadly emotional and lazy eating and no exercise has become my habit :( I have let myself down badly and hate failing so much , I truly believe not being on here has also allowed me to make excuses as little treats became main meals and 3 times a day . I will try and be positive but some days I will need a kick up the bum so hoping everyone can support me and me in return will support you guys .

So like mentioned above I need motivating and I am looking for similar people who are looking to lose weight and need support too if that sounds like you please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I could use some kicking too!

Last year I used MFP and dropped around 40 lbs. I really hit a plateau so decided to take a couple weeks off. After a month I still hadn't gained anything back, so like the dummy I am, decided to wait to get back to it (figuring the shock to the system would then REALLY drop the lbs). Well, one thing always leads to another, doesn't it?

After about 2 months I ended up interviewing for and taking a new job 1000 miles away. I moved down here without my new bride (did I mention I got married about a week before the move?). Since I've been down here, I have a pretty sedentary job, and at night I go home, plop down and start drinking beers and eating till I am way past full. I don't know if I do it to fill the void (my wife hasn't moved down here yet, but will be in the next week or two). Either way, I have gained back most of what I lost last winter.

I joined a local gym yesterday and today is day 1 of getting back in shape and dropping lbs. 20 lbs by Christmas would be great. I am going to do this, I did so darned well last time and was really getting good workouts in at the gym.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    PtczRLb.gif

No excuses! Get at it.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    If you live life expecting not to fail, you're gonna have a bad time :) Accept failure, and appreciate it for what it really is - A learning experience. Every time we fail we become better people.
  • MommaWho
    MommaWho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started and am looking for people to help keep me accountable as well. I understand your circumstances and will help!
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am also coming off of several months of very little progress with fitness and none with weight loss because "life" got in the way. Things seem to be turning around though, so ... fingers crossed! I'd be thrilled to lose 10 lbs by New Years (and plenty more after that) and am also looking for a little more help in getting there.

Feel free to add me and send me a message if you're looking for a specific kind of support (e.g., suggestions on hitting macros, reminders to get in a certain amount of exercise per week, just making sure you log each day...).

One thing I have finally realized is that "our best" fluctuates from day to day. As long as you keep trying, you haven't failed.
  • SSola7121
    SSola7121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started my weight loss journey again, and like you I tend to fall off the wagon very quickly...I am a breast cancer survivor of six years and want to be healthy again....I thank God for giving me a second chance at life, but sometimes life throws that curve ball to break our motivation. I recommend to turn all that negative energy into a positive push to be healthy. That's what I'm trying to do. When you have bad days, make it your business to get up a do something to get you back on track again. I know you can do it!!
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Picture this, you are minding your own business when someone kicks you in the *kitten*, hard. Really hard. Now you have some forward momentum but most likely you are flailing and trying not to hit the ground. Maybe you recover and keep your balance, maybe you are picking yourself up out of the dirt now. Either way, that kick in the butt forced you to take astep forward.

Long storey short when life kicks your butt, take a step forward. Never forget all your actions are choices, and you will make it if your choices are in line.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So get back on here then!

Log EVERYTHING, the good, the bad, the greasy! Make MFP a habit, add in some exercise and you're good to go!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey all well to my friends already on here I have posted this on my timeline :

Ok everyone I have a confession I well and truly have fallen back into old ways I have gained over a stone . I have had quite a lot bad news recently and a lot of stresses and sadly emotional and lazy eating and no exercise has become my habit :( I have let myself down badly and hate failing so much , I truly believe not being on here has also allowed me to make excuses as little treats became main meals and 3 times a day . I will try and be positive but some days I will need a kick up the bum so hoping everyone can support me and me in return will support you guys .

So like mentioned above I need motivating and I am looking for similar people who are looking to lose weight and need support too if that sounds like you please feel free to add me :)

Thank you for sharing your feelings. So glad that you have recognized that you have not been eating or working out as you should in order to attain your goals. Please do not beat yourself up to much because that is not very effective or probably necessary. My guess and experience is that you are not as far off as your feelings are indicating. I was in a similar situation and what I did was go okay - "what really is my daily net calorie intake?" The only way to find this out was to log diligently for at least 2 weeks and what I discovered was that I was only on average about 100 - 200 calories a day over my target. So I made a concious effort to eliminate on average 200 - 300 calories each day (I did a little more just to be safe). Well this was not as hard as I thought. It was little things like when I had some hershey kisses instead of eating 5 or 6 I had 2 or 3 (thats 150 calories) or when I went to McDonalds drive thru instead of having the Quarter Pounder with Cheese I got the kids chicken nuggets (that saves 500 or so calories). Also, if I was taking a walk on average 2 times a week I added one more walk to make it 3 times a week (150 calories). All along being certain to log and before I knew it I was losing weight and still enjoying life. Sorry for the long post, hope it helps. Take care.
  • BethanBee86
    BethanBee86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for replies and I am ready to change :smile:
    Tomorrow is a new week a new day and a new me and I am ready for action :drinker: :happy: