Do you think im eating correctly for weight loss ?

Options
Hi Community

Do you think by looking at my Dairy I am eating properly for weight loss , some days I feel bloated , others I feel light a good ? Do I need to eat similar meals to find out where I am "going wrong" ive had continuos weight loss but cant explain the bloated days , also some days feeling bunged up and thing for this ?

Thanks Guys

Replies

• Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....well this is just my opinion but I think you might be having a few too many sugary snacks (I clicked through 4-5 days and there was usually several snacks) but if you are under your calorie goal for the day maybe it's okay....

But you have some good healthy stuff in their like the tuna and you are eating a good sized breakfast so you are fueled up for the day.

Whether you are eating correctly for weight loss - it really depends on your perspective. If it's a numbers game to you and you've calculated you Base Metabolic Rate or Total Daily Energy Expenditure and subtracted how many calories you need to create a deficit then yes, that would work.

But there's another question I'd like to raise - like are you eating nutritionally and eating foods that keep you full for longer and your sugar levels stable? Protein and complex carbs will assist with that.

But hey my diary is hardly perfect either. I have good and bad days but the thing is to keep on going and eventually I'll lose weight (as long as I don't keep on stuffing up).

But good job overall I think :)
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    Hey

Thanks for your advise , I do try to keep my sugary snack down to a minimal , before starting my diet I would have a pack of choc hobnobs and a coffee with 3 sugars in for breakfast maybe a pack and half if I was hungry , my typical lunch would have been a pre shop made sandwich packet of crisp 2 choc bars and a coffee , dinner would be Chinese , chippy , indian ,pizza , and then about 10pm I would go to the local outdoor pub and buy a packet of revels , wispa gold , bueno , 2 freddos and a can of lilt . as you can see from my Diary I have really changed everything I used to do , my sugar level have always been all over the place , and on occasions like yesterday when im having lack of sugar I have the shakes , hence why I had a few small treaty bits , which I know was wrong but it makes me panic and feel really unstable , doc says its just my sugar level bouncing around and it will even out and its nothing to be concerned about ,

But thanks for the point you have raised ill have a look into it and see where I go from here :)
  • syemon
    Options
    Also what kinds of food keep you full for longer ? and what are complex carbs ? is that like beans and things ?
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    I totally understand it being a challenge to switch our eating habits.

We all crave sugar. I think it may be because I had just completed reading a book by Dr Robert Lutsig on sugar and how it is very bad for you literally just before you posted so I may have been a little primed for that :p

Best way to control sugar is complex carbs and low GI. Maybe eating 1 or 2 gummy bears/jelly lollies might be lower in calorie and still give you enough sugar boost.

I had a horrible headache and dizziness at work one afternoon and it must have been that my sugar level crashed because I'd been hydrating well all day. I ate 2 gummy bears and I felt instantly better.
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    Also what kinds of food keep you full for longer ? and what are complex carbs ? is that like beans and things ?

Beans are a good example. Protein (like tuna, lean chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, almonds (but be cautious due to fat content), Greek Yoghurt) will keep you full for longer. I've noticed a Big difference in the last couple of weeks when I've upped my protein intake.
    I used to get soo hungry 2 hrs later after eating white pasta or a bowl of rice so protein definitely helps!

Complex carbs - you get them from vegetables and whole grain products (cereal like oats, multi-grain bread, brown rice, brown pasta). Also you may wish to keep an eye out for Low GI products as these will release the energy slowly throughout the day.
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    oh and one more thing I really like this website to find information out about food. You can look at top ten sources of vitamins, minerals, etc. (e.g. protein) and it'll give you all the nutritional info.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good to me although I would need more fruit and veg (but that's just me). Why don't you make a note of the days you feel bloated then you might be able to find a common denominator. Good luck you look like you're doing well so far. My diary is open too if you want to take a look but, remember there is no right or wrong so long as you stay within calories - we are all different! :-)
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I had a click through a few days and noticed to many sweets, and exercise burns that may be a little high 324 calories on an elliptical in 15 minutes is more than I would expect takes me twice as long flat out to burn that how do you measure your burn?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight eating ANY food as long as you are taking in fewer calories than your body is using throughout the day. If you have your calorie goal set appropriately, you can eat whatever you like up to that goal and still lose weight. For health, it's good to get adequate protein, fats, vitamins, etc., but there should be room within your daily calories for a little treat now and then.
  • syemon
    Options
    Go4it1985 thank you massively for that information all taken on board :) , casstevens thank you also , lucca07 it automatically calculates it on here but the calorie burn is about right , Im on a fat burning programme on the machine 15min @ 50 , the machine is a little less than this calculate it to but its only like 10-15 calories a time , laserturkey thankyou also all taken on board :)
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, from taking a quick look I'd say, but I'm not qualified ...you do love your sugary snacks...replace them with fruits....watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe melons, fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries have little calories/100g. Plus, your calorie allowance is quite permissive...there is room for a piece of choc if u really want it.
    I don't believe in: if it fits in your allowance, eat it. I think it's the quality of food as well. I think that makes the difference!
    I agree we cannot always be good and as someone else was saying in another thread...it should be a lifestyle change, not a sentence or punishment.
    Good luck!
  • Go4it1985
    Options
    Go4it1985 thank you massively for that information all taken on board :) , casstevens thank you also , lucca07 it automatically calculates it on here but the calorie burn is about right , Im on a fat burning programme on the machine 15min @ 50 , the machine is a little less than this calculate it to but its only like 10-15 calories a time , laserturkey thankyou also all taken on board :)

No worries - my pleasure. I've been reading alot about nutrition in the last month or so!

Gym machines aren't all that accurate with measuring your calories burned unfortunately so if I would take the readout with a grain of salt (or average it out) especially if you are interval training as your heart rate will be jumping all over the place.
    Personally, I am saving up for a heart rate monitor. That won't lie and for me, I'd rather know that the time I've put in the gym is worthwhile. If I'm going to be putting in the time, I need to make sure it's effective! :)

Best of luck with eating well for you. Diet is 80% at least so it's good to see you are keen on getting it right :D
  • lbvermillion
    lbvermillion Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your diet is totally not for me, but if you are losing, feel good and are not constantly feeling like you are starving keep it up. Don't forget to visit your doctor once and a while or maybe the clinic if you are in university. Testing your blood and reviewing it with a professional can help you head off possible future problems and they can also help you tweak your diet to be more effective for you.

Good job and keep up the good work,
    Brent
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options

On here and the machine estimates are always way high for me and many people, I just finished 6.4 km at max resistance 16 on my kettler a quality machine HR avg 87% of my max weighing 220lbs in 19:30s with a VO2max of 36.7 and only managed to burn 311 calories gross which is 282 nett calories so unless you are extremely heavy at your age that seems an unrealistic burn to me.
  • syemon
    Options
    Thanks again for all your comments guys :) and Lucan I don't make the machines i don't know weather they are right or wrong id like to believe that the machine is giving me correct information , you'd expect them to be a little out , and yes i am very over weight for my age , i was 25st 2 , im now 23st 1 , i appreciate your comments but if you don't have anything positive to say please move along and find someone else to neg out on ! Thanks