Ideal weight for 5'7?

Options

Replies

• StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    125 is pretty small for 5'7" I am also 5'7", and in high school weighed as little as 115. It was way to thin. I cheered in college, and looked my very best at a healthy and active 135lbs. Now that I'm nearing 40, my goal is just to get to 145. Either way, pick a place where you feel confident and healthy, and are happy with your appearance, it's not the number part that's most important :-)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped and have a goal weight of 145. I am 3 pounds away from that and don't need to weigh any less than 145. I am currently a 6/8. Below 140, I look too skinny. Remember we all carry weight differently, as I would look like Skeletor at some of the goal weights posted on this thread!
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 22 yrs old. I started at 157 and now weigh 133. My goal weight is 127 but I actually this that
    Might be too low... I'll see how it goes. I need a pic of what 127 looks like! Lol
  • christyweeks
    christyweeks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think my dream weight would be 140 but I fear losing my curves. I am at 150 and happy.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft7. My GW is 125lbs. Currently 133lbs & definately have more to lose. Im trying to NET 1550kcals :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My UGW is 150lbs. I started at 250lbs at 5'7

150lbs would be my ideal for the long haul, though when I reach my goal, of course I am going to have to flexible and reevaluate my goals.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I have a small build and really don't support extra weight well. At 5'8'', for me around 125-130 lbs looks best.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with childbearing hips so I'd be really happy between 140 and 145. At that weight I still keep some belly fat, but I always plateau there and since it's a healthy weight, I assume there's a reason my body stops there.
  • XMissJessX
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my dream goal weight is 125 but I would be happy at 130. The lowest I have ever been in my adult life and after having a child was 134 and I looked great. I still had some toning up to do though so I think somewhere between 125-130 is absolutely doable.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'm aiming for 150, although with my frame, I would be happy between 150 and 175.
  • BlueEyedGirl2013
    BlueEyedGirl2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be right around 135. It's been a good 5 yrs since I've been that weight :(
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 123-125. I feel fabulous at this weight. Lots of energy and quite muscular but curvy. I train for triathlon so on rest days I am at 1700 and workout days go over 2500 sometimes. I am determined to not get injured so am going to eat exactly what calories I need and very high quality foods. I was 133-135 for a long time but wanted to run faster and lose body fat. I am now hoping to build muscle and lose 1 inch off each thigh. I've never been so happy about my body my entire life. I am 43. Thanks MFP for taking the fear and mystery out of my food. I am scoffing over 300 g of carbs a day too. After years of lc that is heaven. Please visit my diary!!
  • firecracker27
    Options
    At 5'7" and 23, my lowest adult weight was 139 about 4 years ago. At that weight, I was about a size 4. I started losing at 160 (higher end of size 6) in August, am currently sitting at 144 (size 4-6), and would like to ultimately get down to 127ish (size 2-4).

I'm muscular and pear shaped, so you'd think the higher end of the BMI spectrum would be okay, but at 139 I still had major fat deposits in my upper arms. Would like to get rid of those and the love handles entirely (didn't even realize I had love handles bc of the muscle under the fat - thought it was the way my hip bones were shaped!). I also can't even fit my calves into extended-calf boots or skinny jeans; they're pretty hard and I sprint a lot, but there's at least an inch or so of fat I could lose there too that I've never been able to get rid of. I used to think I had a large frame because I have a large rib cage and wide-set hips (thigh gap even at my highest weight, which should indicate its uselessness as an aspirational concept!), but I'm starting to reevaluate that idea as I lose; I may actually be more medium-small. In any case, it's always easier to gain back than to lose, so I'd like to get to around 125 and increase later if necessary.
  • happinessishealth
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 5"7, and my goal weight is 132lbs, 9 and a half stone. My everyday calorie goal is netting 1350 cals and I am eating between 1250 to 1600/700. My ultimate goal weight is 125-130, which seems quite common! When I get to my goal I am going to evaluate how I look etc and see if I want to reach my UGW, we will have to see:) I am about 14/15lbs from my goal !
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a medium frame, somewhat busty. I've weighed as little as 115 (as a teenager and only with a lot of starving) but spent most of my life in the 130's. My goal weight now is 140, which from experience should put me in a size 6. I can always adjust from there as it's entirely possible that my shape will be different now that I'm older. My calories are set at 1,510 a day.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, as of this morning (after eating horribly last night) I am 144.5. My goal weight is 135. I don't feel that I look bad where I am at now. I started at 170, but before I gained so much weight, I ranged between 125-145 when I never worried about what I needed to eat, and never exercised (years ago).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". Once upon a time when I was 19 and in the army i weighed 145. I ran every morning, played on a volleyball team, practiced MMA, and was very athletic. My calorie range back then was around 1600-1800 but I used a lot of that on my activities. I hope to get back to that weight. I am 28 now and have a long way to go.

ditto here except I was 158.

My goal now is 155...give or take...depends on how I feel when I get there. I eat 1600 a day and lift weights currently and to be frank most people think I weigh about 130-135 now...
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think it definitely depends on your body composition. I am 5'7 and currently 153. I am aiming for 125-130. I was slightly smaller than that when I graduated high school and played hockey 4-5 times a week and I looked best at that size in my own opinion.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, medium frame, muscular and huge boobs. My doctor and I agreed on 180 as a good goal for now. I am currently 230 but I had my husband hold my boobs while I weighed this morning and they weighed 8 pounds!! No wonder my poor back hurts!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That paints such a funny picture! and wow that is a lot to be carrying out front!

BTW - 135# 1800-2300 depending on if it is a rest or workout day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am 5 6". 150lb in my current avi. Looking to get higher and still stay below 20% BF%.