Friends? (bonus points for exercise, IIFYM, nerdy interests)

Options
So I've come to the realization that a large percentage of my friends list on here no longer (or very rarely) logs in and am looking for some people to keep things active and interesting.

A little about me:

1. I'm 22. Whether your age is similar or not doesn't matter much to me.
2. I've recovered from an ED years ago and focused on living a healthier life now. Everyone slips up but I do my best. Being around people who eat normal amounts is important to me and I can't offer support to people on VLCDs that aren't medically approved. Recovery friends are definitely fine though and I will fully support you.
3. I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calories. I eat a lot of healthy things and vegetables. I also eat a lot of ice cream and peanut butter and make room for wine.
4. I love exercise! I run, do strength training, yoga, Pilates, Zumba, dance, things like Insanity. It would be great if you enjoy similar.
5. I've reached my original goal weight about a week ago. Now I'm working on cutting down my body fat percentage (so not eating at maintenance yet) and focusing on fitness goals, getting stronger, running faster.
6. People who like video games, comics, music, and other similar interests are also a plus. Sarcastic/funny/supportive is all welcome.
7. If you share Vitamix recipes with me you will win my heart.

Replies

• jbluepolarbear
    Options
    Hi, I'm 26 and over half way to my goal. Congratulations on meeting your goal. You should add me; I'm new to the forums, but I've been consistently using MFP since August to track my progress.

I also eat whatever I want as long as it's within my calorie limit, but mainly vegetables, chicken, and pork. I hate to run unless I'm playing a sport like Basketball of Football and I'm starting to get back into weight training.

My favorite video games are Disgaea and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and my favorite comics are Y: The Last Man and Saga; how about you?
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    Hello! I am 25 (26 in Nov.) I am new to MFP but will not be stopping, I have GOT to lose this weight!

A little about me:
    - I try to eat healthy, but as long as I am within my calorie limit, I am happy.
    - I never thought I would say this but I started running a few weeks ago and I love it! I actually look forward to it! Right now because its cold out I have been switching between the elliptical and the treadmill, but once it gets nice out again I am anxious to run outside.
    - I love nerdy things- I am a science teacher. I also am a huge video game and board game fan!

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I also love board games! I'll add you both.
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! Jblue- I'll send you an add!
  • natdevoice
    Options
    Hello! I am 25 (26 in Nov.) I am new to MFP but will not be stopping, I have GOT to lose this weight!

A little about me:
    - I try to eat healthy, but as long as I am within my calorie limit, I am happy.
    - I never thought I would say this but I started running a few weeks ago and I love it! I actually look forward to it! Right now because its cold out I have been switching between the elliptical and the treadmill, but once it gets nice out again I am anxious to run outside.
    - I love nerdy things- I am a science teacher. I also am a huge video game and board game fan!

This sounds exactly like me! Although I'm not a science teacher I am a pharmaceutical student right now. I've been logging on here for a month but just discovered the forums today!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I also love board games! I'll add you both.

Me, too! We have game nights at our house regularly and I demo games at gaming conventions.
    I am almost at my goal weight and switched my focus to body fat and stopped weighing myself in August.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am looking for friends who log too! Feel free to add me!
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    hi

im suprisingly not far from my goal, a goal i've had for a while. plus im a nerd cause of the dbz
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    kanras is awesome! add her!
  • KirbyT16
    Options

A little about me:

This sounds exactly like me! Although I'm not a science teacher I am a pharmaceutical student right now. I've been logging on here for a month but just discovered the forums today!

It is great to meet people on here with similar interests! Provides motivation and it helps to keep things fun!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    and am looking for some people to keep things active and interesting.
    3. I eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calories. I eat a lot of healthy things and vegetables. I also eat a lot of ice cream and peanut butter and make room for wine.
    4. I love exercise! I run, do strength training, yoga . It would be great if you enjoy similar..... and focusing on fitness goals, getting stronger, running faster.

you are almost like me. not there with my goal weight.
    But i am getting closer and stronger and my goal weight might have to be reevaluate.
    now anyway i am focusing more on becoming a better faster longer runner than a biggest loser.
    "I lose weight to be able to run better rather than run to lose weight". <--- Fitness Goal here!!!

all of this above but i am not a gamer.bc all of my free time i am outside running/walking...... or reading Game of Thrones.
    you can add me. FR sent.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    kanras is awesome! add her!

Thank you!!