how to determine my walking speed.

Options
I walk 1.6 miles every day and it takes 30 minutes. Does anyone know how to figure out what speed I'm walking at?

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Go to ruunersworld.com ... Under "TOOLS", they have a run/walk pace calculator and an mph converting calculator (converts minutes per mile into mph) as well ... Hope that helps!
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I walk a fifteen minute mile and it calculates about 4.0 miles per hour
  • rickylowtwo
    rickylowtwo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3.2 mph
  • phetsanie
    Options
    You're walking 3.2mph
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    I use an app called My Tracks. The GPS tracks my route and my average speed.
  • 3pisciotto
    3pisciotto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used the "Endomondo Sports Tracker" app on my phone,
    just turned it on while it was in my pocket will i walked. and i gave me the speed. you don't ahve to sign up for an account, and you don't have to have the gps on to use it.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I walk 1.6 miles every day and it takes 30 minutes. Does anyone know how to figure out what speed I'm walking at?

Multiply by 2.

You're at 3.2 mph.
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious?

speed = distance/time

that's why it's called "miles per hour"

And if the OP is meaning to say "pace", as in, how many minutes it takes to go one mile, you can either work it out yourself using the oh-so-complicated math formula (1/1.6 = x/30 and solve for x)...or you can go online and search "run speed/pace calculators" to avoid straining your brain.
  • papa369
    papa369 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious?

speed = distance/time

And if the OP is meaning to say "pace", as in, how many minutes it takes to go one mile, you can either work it out yourself using the oh-so-complicated math formula (1/1.6 = x/30 and solve for x)...or you can go online and search "run speed/pace calculators" to avoid straining your brain.

The OP may not be familiar with athletic vocabulary (or have a smart phone for the other posters who mentioned using apps). You could try to be more considerate.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    wow.. that girl was a complete b word. Jeesh.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There is certainly no reason to chide people for their math skills. For some people, math class was a very long time ago.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am well old .. and even though math class was a long time ago, this thread did make me laugh.

Enough said.

Runs away .. laughing.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's miles divided by hours. So, 1.6 miles divided by .5 hr. That means that you walk 3.2 miles per hour. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious?

speed = distance/time

How condescending. You feeling better about yourself now? :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

It looks like you got your answers. Good job with the walking!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I am well old .. and even though math class was a long time ago, this thread did make me laugh.

Enough said.

Runs away .. laughing.

Okay, even I didn't laugh because I noticed that he was an older person. I'm sure that you work with older people or know older people. Sometimes, they have trouble with things like this.

Anyway, I feel better knowing that I wasn't the person to say something offensive for once. :bigsmile:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I feel better knowing that I wasn't the person to say something offensive for once. :bigsmile:

Truth be known I was not laughing at the OP at all.

I was giggling at the fact that someone said to use an online calculator. I don't think that I am special at all and I did it in my head in like a second. It is not rocket science as you have already indicated.