Just joined MFP and looking for worldwide friends 40+

Options
Hi All

Waterlily here.... I from Australia and looking to connect with others 40+ (or thereabouts!)
Have just recently totally changed my eating habits and am much healthier, suffering a lot less pain and lighter for it.
I still have a long way to go.... about 9kgs.... I have Fibromyalgia so it may take a bit of time to reach my goal.
Hoping to find some MFP friends along the way to make the journey more interesting.
So if you are interested in food, fitness, friends and fun.....please add me!

Cheers
Waterlily

Replies

• hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Waterlily- I'm from the US - in Minnesota. I'm a married mom of 2 teenage boys. I log in every day and I've been on MFP for about 6 weeks. Welcome to MFP!
    I have a long way to go also - I need to lose about 75 lbs.
    feel free to add me for support. Anyone feel free to add me. It is helpful to allow others to view your diary. Mine is open to friends.
  • Waterlilyz
    Options
    Hello Hopeinmn....thanks for that, have sent Fr =)
    Thanks for the diary tip too... have just opened it to friends.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    47 yr old living in north QLD. Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    42 year old in the US. I am on MFP daily and provide support and encouragement. Feel free to add me.

Cheers
  • my100plan
    Options
    I'm nearing my 38th bday. I'm on MFP daily as well and have a 100% on plan attitude. I'm losing 100lbs and my goal is to hit it by May. I'm a single mom of six kids (18 down to 6) and a midwife. I'm engaged and planning to marry my best friend from Wales as soon as immigration hurries it up and finishes our paperwork!!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Waterlilyz; check out my profile and add me if you wish.
  • DesertQuilter
    Options
    Hello, I'm a bit older....59. I'm married and a retired school teacher. I live in Southern California in the US. I signed up here a few months ago but have just gotten serious. My doctor laid the cards on the table that I need blood pressure meds. I talked him into giving me a chance to lose weight. So, here I am. Please feel free to add me!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    48 and feeling great. any all and everyone feel free to say hello!!!!!!
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Mary. I live in the US and am 40 years old. I log in to MFP daily. I have about 65 pounds left to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this together.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    eh, 43 here...have fibromyalgia too, makes it tough some days to work out, but I do enjoy my hatha yoga. In the US. Actually not here to lose weight, but clean up the diet and such. I log in pretty much daily. :flowerforyou:
  • Waterlilyz
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses......looking forward to getting to know you all and hope I can be an encouragement to you in return!
    Plenty of room for more friends.... keep 'em coming ;)
  • Waterlilyz
    Options
    Indeed Fibro can certainly get in the way.... my favourite way to exercise is on the treadmill....even on the bad days I can at least walk a bit!
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hiya, another 40 (about to be 41) y.o. new join here! A combination of stress, depression, physical illness and quitting smoking have all combined to give me a 25lb excess of weight that needs to go - NOW. I'm recovering from surgery 4 weeks back, so just getting back into physical activity after a long period when I couldn't.

A personal cheering-squad makes all the difference :D