Sweating for the wedding!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fellow Bride-to-be here! My wedding date is June 21st 2014. I'm about halfway to where I want to be. Feel free to add me!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My wedding was my biggest motivation, not my only reason and I'd rather not have any negativity on here when all I asked for was support. My lifestyle doesn't end when my wedding does but that doesn't mean I don't want to look good for the pictures that will live on forever. If you plan on being rude please pass right by this post and my journey.
    well, I'm glad that you plan to continue your journey. I'm sorry that you found my ~open questions~ negative. In turn, I dislike the phrase 'sweating for the wedding' and all the work out tops emblazoned with it (googled it). I dislike the mainstream wedding culture that makes women feel inadequate and that they must get down to a certain size before even trying on dresses. So I just like to make sure that women are doing this for the right reasons.

* and if anyone asks why I'm only talking about females -- its because thats who the industry targets. You never see grooms being told to do a lemon water detox or get down to a size zero before shopping for tuxes.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So exciting!!! My wedding is May 31 2014. I have to lose 60 lbs by march. I would love to support and cheer each other on. I need active and supportive people so everyone feel free to friend me. My name is Lesley.
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm planning my wedding for April 2015, and yes, my pending nuptials gave me that final kick in the pants I needed to finally start doing something about my weight!

I am definitely sweating for the wedding, but I'm not stopping there :) I wanted a lifestyle change!

Congrats on your engagement and on the decision to make a healthy lifestyle change! We got this!!
  • Joe_pat
    Joe_pat Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulation for your wedding and i hope you will be able to reduce your weight !! I'm also sweating for my wedding but I'm different from you trying to gain my weight and for this doing many activities like healthy diet, gym and jogging in the morning.
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Male here. I lost weight for my wedding this last August as I knew I needed to lose weight and never really had the motivation, but the wedding gave me that. I also stayed commited longer than I had before as I was supporting my wife to be in losing weight for it. She wanted to be able to look back at the photos and not dislike looking herself in them (which she doesn't).

We've both carried on trying to lose weight, but definitely not to the same degree. I found it easier when there was a specific goal to lose weight for.

Very jealous of all of you getting married, wish I could do it again, was definitely the best day ever. Good luck.
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! I have a 3 month old and can appreciate what you're doing, all the best for your journey, you will be smokin hot on the day, no doubt :) and healthier for life, good on you
  • Forever99lbs
    Forever99lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My wedding is in April. I have 127 days to lose all the lbs
  • taramaraa
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm getting married in eight weeks and am getting totally pumped! I didn't really think of losing weight for the wedding until my future husband told me we'd both feel better for it! I've only lost 8kg so far but on a limited time frame!

Just keep at it, whatever you do - don't stop! Think about what you'll look like in that dress. Even hang it up in your room so you can see it and visualize it (if that helps!) Or put heaps of photos of other stunning brides around your house to motivate you!

I have a gym at home, and have photos of all sorts - from gymnastics to ballet, motivational words and phrases from the bible to pictures of really amazing looking women who have lost it and kept it off - and it's so motivating!

Get your hands on your own equipment too, if you can, it's so much fun and so easy. It's cheaper than a gym no matter how you look at it and you've honestly got no excuses! Gym might be too far, or it might be too cold to run today, but your home gym is perfect no matter the weather or distance!

Good luck to you beautiful bride-to-be! Always remember that your body is a wedding gift to your husband. He loves you as you are now, and he will love you on your wedding day too. Focus on making a lasting change instead of just a wedding goal! Might as well be a fit wife too! :)

Bless you!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like! We are getting married in July 2014. I have lost 25 pounds and have my first goal set to be at 160 (19 more pounds to go!!!) by the time of my first alterations in April. You can do it! Hard work and determination will get you wherever you want to be! Get it girl!
  • RawFoodBelle
    Options
    Another bride-to-be here! We don't have an exact date yet, but it will be fall 2014 :) Anyone can add me!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mmipanda.. It is rude to imply that is why the women on here want to lose weight and get healthy, and does it really matter what motivates you?? Not really.
    You keep these memories and pictures for life, and you only do it once so why wouldn't one want to look their absolute best on their wedding day, I certainly do:-)

I didn't imply anything. Maybe you're projecting, if you take offense to the questions I posted. I personally wouldn't want to peak on my wedding day (which is in March) - I want to keep getting fitter and slimmer after it too.

I myself am in the middle of making a lifestyle change. I want to continue getting healthy and dropping my body fat % even after we are married...The fact that is was my upcoming wedding that motivated me to do it...honestly it shouldn't matter what motivates people to lose weight and get healthy as long as they aren't starving themselves or going about it in an unhealthy way. I simply want to look as good as quickly as I healthily can before we have pictures taken that I will have to look at for the rest of our life. We already had a wonderful photoshoot for our engagement photos, and there are only about 3 of them that I even like looking at because of my weight issues. I don't want that for my wedding photos...or any photos really...but most especially the wedding.

This should be a very positive thing! So ladies, no matter what your motivation is...GO YOU! Be healthy, be strong, and most importantly BE HAPPY! Hard work and determination will take you wherever you wish to go!

ETA: To correct my spelling
  • clszewczyk
    clszewczyk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June. I have about 30 lbs to lose before I'll buy a dress. You should add me and we'll sweat together!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I am getting married in October! So exciting. It's great to have fitness goals for the big day. Good luck!
  • feyruiz
    Options
    I want to get in my best shape when I get married to the girl of my dreams. I would imagine that she would want to as well.

There's nothing wrong with setting goals - thats how things get done!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Weddings are overrated. Do a discount one and go on holiday instead.

You go for it!!!