Doing Insanity

Options
I have to admit I am a little nervous after seeing what my day one scores were.

switch kicks: 46
power jacks: 38
power knees: 60
power jumps: 30
globe jumps: 6
suicide jumps: 11
push-up jacks: 18
low plank oblique: 31

That's pretty bad. I guess I can only get better. Anyone want to join me? I think I will need all the support I can get in this X.X

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    pretty bad compared to whom?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    idk what I have seen others do I am really out of shape
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    idk what I have seen others do I am really out of shape

Never compare yourself to others. Just be the best version of YOU that you can be!
  • meeper123
    Options
    that's true :) I can only get better anyways
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's not a competition with others. your numbers are neither good nor bad; they are just marks for you to improve upon.

honestly, back when i did insanity i never recorded my numbers and never did the fit test after the first day. all the fun for me was in trying to keep up with Tanya, who is some type of cyborg. that woman kicked my *kitten* day after day after day. getting to the point where i could do each dvd without resting was plenty for me and i never cared how many switch kicks or whatever i could do in a minute
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about putting the DVDs back on myself. I never got more than a couple weeks in and then always would have something come up that would put it on hold. But with the colder weather and not being able to get outside as much, I gotta do something to keep up. Maybe I'll toss in the fit test tonight when I get home.
  • meeper123
    Options
    yeah he kinda is like a cyborg I am sure eventually I will be able to do one with out barfing. They are pretty intense looking.
  • meeper123
    Options
    funny I was doing them because I wanted something to do during the heat of the day lol It is normally upper 80s here.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I kept track the first time I did the program, but tbh I chose not to keep track for the second round because I didn't feel that it accurately reflected my progress.

Focus on how hard you feel you're pushing yourself during the workouts. Some days after a workout I feel like I kicked my own *kitten*, and on those days I feel accomplished. Try to make most days feel like that, and it won't matter how you do on the fit test.
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    18 push up jacks? Girl, you kicked my *kitten* already and I'm on round 2!!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I kept track the first time I did the program, but tbh I chose not to keep track for the second round because I didn't feel that it accurately reflected my progress.

Focus on how hard you feel you're pushing yourself during the workouts. Some days after a workout I feel like I kicked my own *kitten*, and on those days I feel accomplished. Try to make most days feel like that, and it won't matter how you do on the fit test.

^^^^ Same here got 2 more weeks to finish up my 3 round of insanity (yes i'm just about burned out on it) But the fit test lost it's appeal after a while. I just like pushing myself harder during each workout.

But the 1st time around it was cool just to see if I would beat my own scores.

Add me I log everyday
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Your scores are nothing to be ashamed of...and they WILL rapidly improve. Believe me, it happens FAST!

I am about 6 workouts away from finishing my 3rd round, although I keep swapping out Insanity for bike rides whenever I can. It'll be winter soon and I'll have to park my bike :(

The 3rd round is enough for a while. I want to gravitate back to resistance training. Insanity has done HUGE wonders for me in cardio, though.
  • meeper123
    Options
    thanks I am my own worst critic in most cases lol This is outside of my comfort zone.
  • d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    Don't feel nervous after your first fit test.

Don't feel nervous after your second fit test either (because chances are, you'll blitz the first round results).

Feel nervous about your 3rd fit test because you'll wonder how you'll ever beat your second test results. :)

Either way, just echoing everyone's comments, compete against yourself and no one else and also, don't try and keep up with the people on the screen.

If you want a different metric on how to gauge how you're doing (other than the fitness test) take measurements or pay extra special attention on how your clothes are fitting now.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Yeah i took pictures and measurments :) I bet it really helps
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am starting insanity next week! I am also starting a insanity challenge group on facebook if anyone is interested let me know!
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @Pbgrl04: Please add me! Im starting this today!