Before/After Halloween Style -64lbs

Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
Thought I'd share a pic of my progress through Halloween photos. The first pics on the left are from a few years back (and almost 65lbs ago). I was a thrift store Snow White because I didn't have much to spend on a costume. The after pics are from last night where I went as a black and white film star (the photos are not photoshopped; that's makeup). I'm 5'4" and I've gone from 215lbs to 151lbs. I still need to lose a bit more and it's going slowly, but as long as I downward trend or maintain then I'm pretty happy. :)

halloweenba4.jpg

Replies

• thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love the black and white makeup!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice weight loss :)
    How long did it take you to reach your this weight, if you don't mind my asking?
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
    Congrats on your progress you must be so proud!

That's a great idea for halloween....maybe I'll steal it :)
  • eringraczyk
    eringraczyk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Black and white film star = brilliant! I'm terrible at coming up with Halloween costumes. Congrats on your progress!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    You are adorable! Congrats on all the hard work. Hope you have a great Halloween!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well done - you're looking fabulous! Like the Black and White Film Star might just steal that idea!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! The costume is perfect!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, and the costume idea is brilliant. :heart:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    first of all, you look FANTASTIC. secondly, how did you achieve the b&w look? i'm in awe of your makeup skillz! do tell!
  • tanyasee
    Options
    Wow! Great motivational pictures! Good job!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    wow! great everything! you rock!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

For the makeup I made a grey base by blending makeup forever's clown white and black color flash stick. It takes a very small amount of black to get a usable grey, but of course the darkness will vary depending on your skin tone. I applied the grey all over my exposed skin (face, neck, chest, arms) and set it with translucent powder and mehron barrier spray. Then it was really just a matter of doing "normal" makeup over the top, but with a monochrome pallete. I used black, white, and grey eyeshadow for shading and highlighting, a grey eyeliner on my lips (with a little black to enhance shading), grey with a little black for my brows, and a white pencil inside my waterline to mask the pink. Applied false lashes and that was it :]
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I echo what everyone has said - great weight loss - you look stunning!

AND - WOW @ black and white film star make-up! Genius. It looks best in the last photo because of the contrast with the normal skin tone of the guy on the left ...
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great! What a cool costume, I love it!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Here are a couple more shots of my makeup since people seemed to like the costume. These were from my test run when I did it a few days ago. After sharing these pics I got some feedback and made a few changes for the final look. Mainly increasing the contrast a bit with darker lips and eyes. On the day of the party I had also added false lashes and done an overall better job of covering my skin :)

silverscreen1.jpg

silverscreen2.jpg
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    that reminds me of that movie pleasantville. pretty cool!
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    yup pretty awesome! you looked awesome as snow white too but definitely a healthier person today. congrats to you! and thanks for the motivation
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are so creative with your makeup and costumes, I bet you were a hit both years. Awesome job on the weight loss, keep up the good work! Thanks for motivating and inspiring me :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and wow your makeup looks amazing!
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! YOU LOOK AHHHMMAAZZZIINNGGG!!!! Thanks for sharing your success and motivating us all :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!