Ate too much fat today

Options
Hi, today, i ate too much fat but i was still under my maintenance, and most of the fat was not saturated (binged on peanut butter :P) Is that going to be an issue, not just in weight loss but in general health as well

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Go back to your nutrition plan as soon as you can. Log on and move on.

The important lesson learned: Avoid binges.
    You need to understand your own reasons why are you doing this ?. This is the hard part.
    Once you achieve that knowledge, you can take necessary steps to avoid such a situation in the future

Good luck in your journey
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. It's actually an essential part of your diet.
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You should probably stop thinking that eating fat is bad - fat is extremely good for your body, and that includes saturated fats. The only fat that is, itself, unhealthy is trans fats. So unless you ate so much fat today that you didn't get enough protein, I wouldn't worry about it (and since you were eating peanut butter I doubt that was the case).

I would agree that the actual problem (if there is one) is that you were binge eating; that kind of eating disorder is a big cause of obesity in North America and if it's a continual problem you might benefit from some professional help.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY PB, IS NOT ALLOWED IN MY HOUSE!!! I BINGE ON IT ALLLLL THE TIME!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I know many people try very hard to stick to their macros, but a calorie deficit is all that is needed for weight loss, so don't worry too much!
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I eat 70% fat every day. Fat, or carbs aren't necessarily bad, its just about using them to your advantage, rather than stressing.

Fat is a slow burning energy source, its the source that stops you from feeling hungry an hour later, keeping you satiated. Carbs are the opposite, they burn very quickly, useful for mornings or when you need a burst of energy.

Use them when you need them C:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Ate too much fat today

No you didn't...
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You should probably stop thinking that eating fat is bad - fat is extremely good for your body, and that includes saturated fats. The only fat that is, itself, unhealthy is trans fats. So unless you ate so much fat today that you didn't get enough protein, I wouldn't worry about it (and since you were eating peanut butter I doubt that was the case).

I would agree that the actual problem (if there is one) is that you were binge eating; that kind of eating disorder is a big cause of obesity in North America and if it's a continual problem you might benefit from some professional help.
    I eat 70% fat every day. Fat, or carbs aren't necessarily bad, its just about using them to your advantage, rather than stressing.

Fat is a slow burning energy source, its the source that stops you from feeling hungry an hour later, keeping you satiated. Carbs are the opposite, they burn very quickly, useful for mornings or when you need a burst of energy.

Use them when you need them C:
    No you didn't...

AAAAAAAALLLLLLLL of this.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it because the fat I eat is healthy - coconut oil, peanut butter, cashews, avocado, tofu.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. It's actually an essential part of your diet.

^THIS
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just move on.