50lb down progress pics

Options
Well I still have around another 30lbs to go but I thought I would share some photos so far. I went to a Faerie Ball in Glastonbury at the weekend and my hubby took some pics of us dressed up. When I put the photo on my Facebook profile I got so many comments about how much weight I had lost that I decided to compare to my "big" photo.... the one that made me decide to do something about my weight. And I was pleasantly surprised at the comparison!

Like I say I still have a way to go but I always love looking at people's weight loss photos for inspirations so thought I would share mine so far.

me_zps1e2a143d.jpg

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, you look amazing!!! I love your hair!!! :)
    Awesome job!!! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    oh yeah...what a difference.. you're looking great.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! way to go! can you share anyting about what you did?
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's an amazing difference, whatever you're doing keep it up.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    wow you look great! way to go! can you share anyting about what you did?
    I would like to know this, as well.
    I've been reading multiple success stories and seeing what is different/similar and going from there to rebuild my own routine.
    ETA: If you don't mind, not sure if you mind or not :P
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It’s been a slow work in progress for me. I’ve tried a few different things, I tried Keto which I do enjoy but find it a little restrictive as although I love veggies I am not overly keen on salad and I love fruit so found myself eating the same kind of vegetables every day. I’m currently trying the 5:2 plan. I eat two days at 500 calories and then average around 2000 calories the other 5. I do enjoy this as I have a big appetite and eating 2000 cals most of the days mean I can feel totally satisfied and two days at 500 calories are no where near as bad as I thought. I’m only a couple of weeks in to this plan but liking it so far.

I think the best bit of advice I can give is just never give up. Whatever plan you want to follow, if you find it isn’t for you, don’t just give up and go back to eating the way that put you the weight on. When I was tired of Keto I went straight back to calorie counting and although I had a little water weight gain, it was only 4-5lbs and then the weight started moving down. I try not to get too caught up in my weekly weigh ins and as long as the overall trend in the month is downwards (even if it’s just 2-3lbs over the month) then I am happy.

The vast majority of my weight has been lost following no particular plan, just really eating what I want but sticking to around 1600 – 1800 calories a day. I try and hit at least 80g of protein a day but just let the other numbers fall where they want. But I am enjoying the 5:2 plan right now so will see how that goes. If I decide it’s not for me I will just go back to the 1600 – 1800 calories a day.

For exercise I keep trying to run but I am starting to think it’s not for me. I walk a couple of times a week (5-6 miles each walk) and swim twice a week. I’ve recently just started playing around with Kettlebells for strength training and although only just started I think I am going to enjoy that.
  • blunder_bolt
    blunder_bolt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And I love the hair+ Fairy look :D
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D You look fantastic!
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Oh wow, that's not bad. I like your diet plan :)
    Seems to be working wonderfully for you. I used to run a lot as a child and climb trees, ride the bicycle seats with my feet instead of sitting on them and whatnot.. I guess you could say that I was a real tomboy, so slowly trying to get into my climbing tree self, you could say haha. I do miss climbing trees :(

Very amazing progress!! Keep up the awesome work and thank you sooo much for sharing <3.
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

The Plight, definitely get back in to tree climbing lol! I have two boys and we climb trees every time we go to the park. A walk around the park and climbing a few trees is a great workout :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You are doing great hon :) And the picture DEFINITELY shows your hard work!! Just stick to building your endurance and eventually you will be able to run, it just might take a little longer than you'd like. That's okay.
    Glad to be your MFP friend and see your hard work paying off!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    wow! great job! you are doing so well!!!!

amazing makeup too btw :flowerforyou:
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! You've done so well!! Nothing can stop you now! :)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the good work!
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :flowerforyou:
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    WOW-GREAT JOB!!!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    YES!

You look amazing, congratulations :)
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You look PHENOMENAL! Keep up the great work!!!!!!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yep, you look amazing! Congratulations on the wonderful success so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!