Plateo / Raw please help struggling

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's not your fault fault he's an idiot. It's his job to recommend achievable changes to your diet.
    Not blanket nonsense.
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    Dump him he's stupid. No need to put yourself through this. Just eat less calories of ANY food you want than you burn a day.

This^^ but eat clean. No oreos :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    He's a qualified personal trainer, right? :-D
  • mskittenheels
    mskittenheels Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i just spoke to him and he said to keep at it, but i dont think i can. So going to read up on following the low calorie diet - your right what if i faint when i am driving with the baby, and thats exactly how i feel faint and light headed.

Going to get another trainer who can match my needs with my wants. This is just way too restrictive for me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i just spoke to him and he said to keep at it, but i dont think i can. So going to read up on following the low calorie diet - your right what if i faint when i am driving with the baby, and thats exactly how i feel faint and light headed.

Going to get another trainer who can match my needs with my wants. This is just way too restrictive for me.

just use MFP for your calories, and get a PT for your workouts if you feel you need help with that.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Is Plateo the same as Paleo or just a typo. Just curious.
    Easy to throw stones at anything so I will try not to go there. Personally I think that meal plan sounds delicious and just needs a bit more variety (and there is no reason to not have variety that is consistent with the strategy of reducing carbs). But adding cous cous, strange. Put some chicken and beef in there and you do not lose the concept and will stay sane. Who can eat cod and salmon at every meal even if you like cod and salmon? And your spinach and kale takes your K vitamin intake off the charts for no apparent. reason. Cleansing sounds medically insignificant by diet, but maybe that's just me. Good luck
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    Is your trainer a certified nutritionist? If the answer is no, then don't believe anything he tells you, because he isn't qualified to tell you anything.
  • mskittenheels
    mskittenheels Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sorry it was a type it is paleo - he didnt say it was this diet but it was the nearest i could find on the internet that suited my list of foods that i could eat.

and you are exactly right i cannot eat another peiece of salmon or cod even if i was starving i am that sick of it!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    hi tavistock
    he said i was now carb intolerant? and that my body wasnt burning any fat becuase of the amount of carbs i eat to be fair i am not overweight but i want to be at the bottom end of what is acceptable.

i dont drink a great deal either so you are right i am unsure of why he wants me to detox and why so rigidly its making me a moody person.

And what degree does this guy have, that makes him qualified to give you nutrition advice? Is he a registered dietician? If you're feeling crappy eating this way then stop. Your body is giving you signals and you need to listen to them.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd get a new trainer. But maybe I'm just grumpy. :flowerforyou:

Seriously this is unnecessary. If you want to go low-carb (which probably isn't necessary, unless you have a medical condition) there are plenty of low-carb options you could try that would give you more variety. I can see no reason at all to stick to salmon and cod only.

Does he have you doing a lifting program to improve body composition? That would be my focus if I were you-- small deficit, plenty of protein (1 gram per pound of lean body mass), heavy lifting.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Read this op, much better and cheaper than that idiot trainer. :noway:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Also this.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    schath.jpg

Not the world's greatest trainer. But I'd have a Dialogue with him and suggest that there is much Uncertainty in what might be restricted or allowed in his list. After all you do not live in a Cave of Metaphors.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Also this.

So much this.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It should not be this painful. And if it is, your Trainer should have some feedback for you besides, "stick with it." I think you are wise not to stick with him any longer. Get a new trainer. Get someone who is going to be supportive and work with you on what works for you. Good luck.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    schath.jpg

Not the world's greatest trainer. But I'd have a Dialogue with him and suggest that there is much Uncertainty in what might be restricted or allowed in his list. After all you do not live in a Cave of Metaphors.

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Is Plateo where you only eat what Plato would eat? Wonder what benefits it has over Paleo.

edit: Looks like EvgeniZyntx beat me to it!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    MsKittenHeels:

If you don't mind me asking: What are your personal trainers credentials? A lot of trainers these days do not have the necessary foundation in nutrition to be giving dietary restrictions like this. Does he have any degrees in health, nutrition, or exercise? Or did he get his certification online after his prior job of bagging groceries?? Most well educated trainers who know what they're doing would never put their client on a diet like this.

He's put you on a fad detox diet that does nothing to detox you (there's no scientific evidence to support any type of 'detox' diet), and potentially putting you at risk not to mention quite a bit of discomfort. If I were you (not to mention robbing your purse), I would seriously consider finding someone better fit to help you, or at the least you should keep in mind to take his recommendations cautiously.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, sounds like somebody thinks he is a MD, I've had to do a similar thing, but that was only after tons of blood work, and months and months of appointments to figure out why I couldn't eat food without being sick. But doesn't sound like you have that problem.

Have a calorie deficit, if you don't start loosing within a month or so, than go to an ACTUAL dr to discuss.

:):):)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Bro-Science_zps4a837e01.gif