Ideal weight for 5'7?

Options

Replies

• ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5''. Right now I'm working my way down from 250, and my initial goal is 180, at which point I'll re-evaluate how I'm looking and feeling. I have a large frame and muscle so the lowest I would shoot for would be my high school weight of 165 (I was very active and an athlete).
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    See below ! :ohwell:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my weight now is 127. Thats where I feel comfortable. Everyone is different!!
    Wow! LOL! That was my response January 2012, Now I'm 144 still wearing the same size 4 I am now eating ALOT more, lifting ALOT heavier weights looking and feeling better!! Stay off the scale ladies!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"! My weight as of this morning is 143. I look amazing at 135, but my ultimate goal at one point is 130! I'm at no means fat, my bmi is 22.5 I think. I just want to have slimmer thighs since I carry all my weight in my thighs and *kitten*!

I'm just under 5'7" and I'm totally with her! I'd like to hit an UGW of 130 lbs (currently hovering between 136 and 138, depending on when I'm weighed). Definitely not fat either, but I carry it in my hips, *kitten*, and thighs and I'd love to tone the thighs and have them a little slimmer.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my UGW is: whatever makes me look good naked.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I am 5 6". 150lb in my current avi. Looking to get higher and still stay below 20% BF%.
    And those are 150 lbs of pure yum.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I thought I would do a detailed post for this because I have been all over the healthy weight range for 5'7". I am extremely small framed (almost off the charts lol) and actually like 5'6.9" haha

~150-155:
    1rc4te.jpg

~150 down to 130:
    wmcn5z.jpg

135:
    96duza.jpg

127:
    oacfo4.jpg

121:
    2hppr9t.jpg
    2zi7ll5.jpg

Sorry I wear a lot of loose shirts so it's hard to tell sometimes. Anyway that's me! I'm 121 now, the last pic was about 2 weeks ago. My scale says my body fat is 16.8% but... idk it's a scale. It said 19.4% when I was 127, for reference.

My first GW was 130 and that felt really ambitious, but then I was just hooked so I just kept trying to increase my fitness. Now my UGW is 118.

Hope this helps!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    5ft8 CW 138 aiming for 129. Gonna start lifting weights after I get there, see what that does. IF I ever get there.... thanks a lot cake.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am currently aiming to get to 132 (CW 139). Once I reach that goal I actually want to gain again in the form of muscle. As a poster showed above, she is 121 and for me personally, I wouldn't want to be that light as I prefer to be more muscular and strong rather than slim and petite. I have curves and plan to... invest in my assets in the form of weight training (lol)

It just depends on what your long term goals are and your body shape is I guess? I wanna have a perky bum, abs and broader shoulders to fit suits a bit better, so once I get to 132 it's time to bulk and get back up to 140! Cannot believe I'm writing this :P
  • firecracker27
    Options
    Katealbright, thank you - that was so helpful! You're giving me hope that my cheekbones will come out someday...
  • Tinydancer91
    Tinydancer91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7 and 122 right now. I think I look prettyy good or atleast am happily satisfied at 115-which is what I was this summer aughhh. ideally, I prefer the toned and delicate look tho so 110 will always feel like home to me. I was 125 a couple weeks ago so I'm gettin there, feeling proud to be more active and sober lately! I wear a tighttt size 5 in most pants right now and I store my weight in my booty and tummy. definitely am a pear shape for sure. oh, & I'm 22
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im 37 with 2 kids... SW 204, CW 183.5-184 (keep going up and down), GW 175, UGW 150-160... I am having a terrible time breaking a plateau even though Im measuring food and exercising, and its taking me 236 days to get as far as I have (20 pounds down). I net approx 1400 calories a day... I also use a fitbit.

My thought is I will keep loosing weight, as long as (it keeps coming off and) I feel good... UG is to be healthy, some muscle and tone in body not just skinny... Best of luck to you all :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and based on images I've seen on mybodygallery.com, I think I'll shoot for 140, including lots of muscle.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    140 is my goal weight. I eat about 1900 kcals right now but I breastfeed my daughter currently. When we wean I will probably drop it to 1600 or so.
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7" and my goal weight is set to 135 right now. I would be happy as low as 125 and as high at 140. I'm at 157 right now and so I have at least 17 pounds to lose, probably more.

anyone of a similar height/weight who wants to add me, feel free! always looking for people to support and get support from along the way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am 5 6". 150lb in my current avi. Looking to get higher and still stay below 20% BF%.
    And those are 150 lbs of pure yum.

:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Averysfairytale
    Averysfairytale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal at this time is 175. My Dr asked me to lose 40 lbs but my goal is 62. I am a third of the way there woot! I will see how I feel at 175 and go from there but last time I was that weight I was a size 7 and my hip bones were sticking out.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm on the upper end of 5'6". I"m 150 right now, down from 170-ish. I already have people telling me that I'm getting sooo thin and that I shouldn't lose too much more weight. I want to get down to 145 as my first goal and then I'll re-evaluate. At the very least I'll take a week or two off from calorie counting and just see what happens.

I'd LOVE to hit 135 but I don't think it's ultimately viable. I skied as a child and have always had very muscular thighs as a result. Plus the ladies just don't want to disappear. I've lost some inches there but it's from losing back fat more than losing from the ladies. I keep hoping they'll disappear seeing as I know there's still fat as opposed to tissue there.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my weight now is 127. Thats where I feel comfortable. Everyone is different!!
    Wow! LOL! That was my response January 2012, Now I'm 144 still wearing the same size 4 I am now eating ALOT more, lifting ALOT heavier weights looking and feeling better!! Stay off the scale ladies!

And this is why lifting heavy things repeatedly is a good thing.

GW is one of those things I battle with, I get on the scale once a week..if it's down okay if it's not down that's okay...
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" with a fairly small bone structure. My goal is currently 132 (I'm at 135), but I may adjust down to 130. I'm pretty happy with my size now, but I definitely want to firm up a lot!

Oh, and my calories are set at 1410, plus I try to eat my exercise calories, although I can't always eat them all. I'm losing about .5 to .75 pounds per week.

I am aiming for 130 too!