8 pounds left! (progress pics)

Options

Replies

• CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Now, if I can just lose these last several pounds while trying to force my "girls" to stick around, they've nearly vanished.... I do miss them dearly.. :sad: :sad: :sad: loll

I am having the same problem!! But, I guess it is worth it. You look GREAT!!! Your stomach looks really good too. I have had three kids and am worried I won't be able to get it to look like that. How tall are you? I am having a hard time setting a goal weight since I have never been this small since being a teenager and I am built completely different now.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow that's an awesome transformation! You were attractive before but now you're definitely hot! Haha!

I have anxiety issues too, it runs in my family. Grandpa has it bad, my dad has it, they both take medications, etc. I had some horrible panic attacks a few years ago when we had our first daughter and my doctor prescribed some medication for me too. I was overweight at the time, eating horribly, still drinking a little, and just had a baby so I was stressed. I decided to take better care of myself rather than take the medication. So far it seems that by staying healthier, eating better, and exercising regularly, the anxiety has almost completely gone away. It sounds like the same has happened for you as well.

I really like your story. You didn't do any magical routines or special workouts, you didn't go on any special diets, or go at the whole thing all hardcore. You just approached it rationally and realistically and you achieved your goal by sticking with it. That's something to be proud of.

Good job! I hope I can post a cool success story up here one day myself!

BTW, your arms look great!

Thanks lol.

I actually do still have my anxiety, but I can rate it most days at a 1 or a 2, where it was so debilitating that I became agoraphobic (couldn't leave the house) because I would fear the fear alone.. So I was essentially afraid of having a panic attack and figured if I never had to do anything I wouldn't ever have a reason to panic - until I started waking up with them in the middle of the night. No escape. Stupid. I hated it. But I refused to medicate myself, and I battled it on my own.. I actually recently got a tattoo for it because I am so tired of people hiding mental problems. We throw our physical diseases around like it's no big deal, but when somethings wrong on a mental level we're "crazy" and slapped with a stigma. No one would ever know I was having a panic attack unless you lived with me and could sense small changes in my behavior. That's another reason why mental problems suck, they're practically invisible to strangers.. :blushing: Sorry for the rant, I'm a auge advocate for mental health awareness! lol. I am glad you're feeling better, too! :drinker:

I agree. Panic attacks are horrible, basically the worst feeling I've ever had in my life. It completely cripples you and screws you up bad. I remember after having a couple I would get to that same point of fearing having another one. It got to the point where I would almost have a panic attack just worrying about having another panic attack! What drove me nuts was how it felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest, like I was having a heart attack, skipping beats, etc. I went to three different ER's and they all did EKG's on me and said your heart is as healthy as it could be, you're in perfect health, nothing is wrong with your heart. One doctor finally told me that whenever I felt my heart skipping, it was actually just my nerves tripping out, and that it wasn't my heart, so don't worry about that. After a while when that would happen, I would just brush it off and continue doing whatever I was doing. After a few months, it went away and I honestly can't even remember the last time I actually felt one coming on.

I figure the longer I can go in life without medications the better. I don't think any less of people who do take medications for problems either, I"m not one of those holistic type people, I just figure if I can handle it on my own without medication I should. Only when I can no longer handle it on my own should I start taking medication. Eating healthier and exercising makes me feel a whole lot better and it seems to affect my mental health in a positive way as well.

Glad you are feeling better and that you got your anxiety under control. And it was great reading your success story!
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Did you had a big belly? Any tips for that?

Thank you

Thank you! I don't really know how to explain that. I think I did, but in reality I was pretty "solid" even though I was overweight. The only tip I have, is that our "problem areas" truly are the last to go, or at least the last thing we'll ever be satisfied with. I thought I would look a lot thinner at my weight than I currently do. That's why I chose to lose more weight. I have a picture of my stomach when I started vs. a month ago maybe...

1064177_10151772426178478_1554429812_o_zps387d0bcd.jpg

I am having the same problem!! But, I guess it is worth it. You look GREAT!!! Your stomach looks really good too. I have had three kids and am worried I won't be able to get it to look like that. How tall are you? I am having a hard time setting a goal weight since I have never been this small since being a teenager and I am built completely different now.

It sucks. I was never very blessed in that region.. And now it seems like they're just getting smaller, and smaller.. lol. My mom's the complete opposite and she says she wishes hers weren't so big... meh. I'd rather be this size and lack ta-tas though! lol :ohwell: And I'm 5'3'' - 5'4''. I swear it changes. lol. I've always had a little "pooch." And I'm still working on it. I want it to be cutting-board flat! lol. But I know it'll take time. However, I swear the fat on my stomach is different than anywhere else, even though it makes no sense. I was told it's because I've had that fat there for so long it's made my skin less elastic so it's having a hard time "going flat" or whatever.. I'm not really sure.. But I can see an improvement and that's what motivates me. lol. Thank you, though :smooched:
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answer!
  • squishybarb
    Options
    Thank you for your answer!

No problem! Happy to help in any way possible. :happy:
  • rekha42001
    rekha42001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great .. Your arms too . Did you specifically do exercises to reduce
    Your arms or did it come off with the gradual weight loss ? Any tips in reducing arms appreciated
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and so happy!! WTG!!! :)
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    AMAZING - GREAT JOB!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and may i say - you're gorgeous!
  • jessmoyer1014
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look fantastic.
  • edreyrey
    Options
    You have always looked beautiful! I am glad that you found a guy who appreciates you for you. The difference I noticed though is your confidence. It's hard to share the before pics, I hope to get there someday! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you've done amazingly well and you should be so proud. and thanks for reminding us that each of us have our own bodies...and we should treat them kindly because they're all we've got!
  • squishybarb
    Options
    Wow you look great .. Your arms too . Did you specifically do exercises to reduce
    Your arms or did it come off with the gradual weight loss ? Any tips in reducing arms appreciated

Thanks! I actually don’t do much.. if anything, just the “normal” stuff with my own body weight.. triangle pushups and dips are my favorite, and planking.. My mom says us German women are just “built like an ox.”:huh: I wish I would make the time to go to the gym every day because I think I would have head-turning muscles if I lifted weights all of the time. Lol. But thank you!

You have always looked beautiful! I am glad that you found a guy who appreciates you for you. The difference I noticed though is your confidence. It's hard to share the before pics, I hope to get there someday! Thanks for the inspiration!

Awll. Thanks, I am glad I found him too… And my lord are the before and after pictures hard to post... Lol. They make me cringe a little because when I look at them I just see someone who was so unhealthy and uncomfortable with their weight, and they keep me in check… Thank you so much, you will get there – especially if you surround yourself with supporting and loving people. And don’t forget to love and support yourself first – that’s the most important!:flowerforyou:

you've done amazingly well and you should be so proud. and thanks for reminding us that each of us have our own bodies...and we should treat them kindly because they're all we've got!

Thank you! And I only say it because it's soo true. :) "I wish I looked like Britney Spears/Kim Kardashian/JLO/whomever" is crap, because they're all airbrushed, touched up, and have their fat sucked out, cut out, or have the money to hire someone to be on their behind all of the time and cook their food for them. It's an unrealistic view to have of someone. I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence and I wish there were more role models like her out there for women/girls. :glasses: :love:
  • squishybarb
    Options
    Thank you to everyone else as well... :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Yumtastic job!
  • squishybarb
    Options
    Thanks!
  • biva777
    Options
    congratulations what a transformation, you must feel amazing!
  • squishybarb
    Options
    congratulations what a transformation, you must feel amazing!

Thank you, I do! :smooched:
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!