REFEEDS

Options
I stuggle hitting 420g carbs x day... So I was wondering about have less carbs on a daily basis and a refeed once on a wile...

How should I do that??

I wokout 4 times per week + 2 HIIT sessions and my calorie goal is 2998cals

Thanks in advance !!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Why 420g of carbs per day? Just curious where you're getting that number. Is it the MFP default? You really don't need to refeed unless you are cutting.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you arent hitting it daily, refeeds would probably be helpful. What are you eating that 400+g carbs are difficult? :)
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My current calorie goal is the same as yours and I am only eating approx. 300g carbs per day. 420g is a ton of carbs especially if you are trying to get them from good sources.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes. I follow IIFYM and I eat quite clean so it's getting difficult to hit those numbers...

My macros are 190p/420c/62f so I guess it's a low-fat7high carb diet...
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Eating will be a lot easier if you up your fat macro a bit.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eating will be a lot easier if you up your fat macro a bit.

I agree, I'm getting the same cals as you but my macros are 188g protein, 117g fat, 300g carbs. It's much easier to get the fat cals than 400+g of carbs.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Is 3000 a cut for you? Refeeds are only necessary for those that are very lean and trying get leaner. If you are bulking (which I am guessing from where this was posted) then there is no need for refeeds.

If you are having trouble eating that many carbs try to include more fat. Just a handful of mixed nuts is a around 300 cals so it makes a big dent for a little bit of food.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Is 3000 a cut for you? Refeeds are only necessary for those that are very lean and trying get leaner. If you are bulking (which I am guessing from where this was posted) then there is no need for refeeds.

If you are having trouble eating that many carbs try to include more fat. Just a handful of mixed nuts is a around 300 cals so it makes a big dent for a little bit of food.

This.

Also "clean" and IIFYM tend to not play nice in the same band camp together.

Refeeds keep you from going crazy/crashing- while you're cutting. They are not for bulking. 420 is HELLA high- I always find bananas, milk, doughnuts ice cream and chocolate spike my carbs (they aren't huge- like 30 roughly) but I'm always surprised at how quickly it adds up.

If you aren't meeting your calorie goals for a bulk- stop trying to play the clean/dirty game and eat some "junk" nutty buddy wafer bars are great.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    whats hard about eating 420 grams of carbs? bread, pasta, more bread, candy, ice cream, bread.... also.. your fat is pretty much near the minimum... eating more fat wont cause more fat gain....

have some sammiches...