How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options

Replies

• cummingscb
    Options
    I started seriously at the end of June 2013, so it's been roughly 4 months (a little less than that on MFP), and I've lost between 35-40 lbs. I've exercised a lot, I've never had a "cheat day" in the sense of eating everything and anything (I have allowed little cheats here and there once a week). I drink a TON of water. It's the amount I had hoped to lose at this point, but it did start off VERY slow, and then I'd end up having weeks where it looked like 5 lbs in a week, and then other weeks where it was nothing (especially during the time of the month). It all evens out to a fairly consistent loss, if you're staying true to the program (in my humble opinion).
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 30 and joined the site about 3 wks later. I am currently about 12 lbs from goal.
  • clairey3083
    Options
    hey guys my names claire!!
    i started my weight loss journey in may!
    it has taken my ONLY 5.5 months to loose 42 lbs!
    (:
    im hoping to of lost 50 lbs by the end of 6 months!
    feel free too add me and motivate eachother
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    50# in a year and now I'm stuck. Nuts.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthy on June 3rd . I follow the recomendations on MFP and I do eat some of my exercise calories back to equal about 1400-to 1600 calories a day .

Starting weight was 270 and I am pretty tickled at my results actually .I don't think I would have done so well without MFP that's for sure .

Good luck !

Oh and learn to love exercising !! It's the key to everything .
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    It's taken me since about March-April to lose 19lbs. I've done my fair share of yo-yoing weight wise. Just stick with it, the weight will come off and the inches will fall away. Just wait. :)
  • Mendham07945
    Mendham07945 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost 97 pounds over 20 months. Consume about 1500 calories/day. Walk a minimum of 10,000 steps/day (Fitbit) and do strength training 2 x per week. Yes, it is slow, but I never feel that I am on a diet. It's a way of life, so I think it will last this time. I don't feel deprived.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Starting in April - lost 36. Want to lose an additional 20. Now, I am back to my early 20s weight. Want to be under 200 which I have never been as an adult. I am now 53 years old.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Since February 5th with a month off thrown in.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs in 4 months. 1550 calories a day and lifting. 10 more to go!
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    29 lbs, 82 days. I originally had it set for 2 lbs and averaged just under 3 per week for the first 60 days. I have since switched to the TDEE method and am losing an expected 1.3 lbs per week.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new at this (have a week under my belt, and it's going well). I see so many of you with such wonderful stats, and I was wondering if some of you would share how long it's taken you to lose your weight? It is really inspiring to see all of these success stories!

Also, one more question. If you set your calories at losing 2 lbs. per week, and you follow the amount of calories allotted you, do you find this to be fairly accurate? Or do you lose more? Or less?

It took me 15 months to lose 133 pounds. I started in mid June 2011 and made my goal weight in late September of 2012. I've been maintaining for more than a year.

I lost 10 pounds per month steadily until I purposely slowed it down. I did not really follow MFP suggestions, but used a TDEE-cut approach. I just couldn't be happy starving myself on rest-days and having a static goal made more sense.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 2lb a week on 30th August, and today i'm surprisily way ahead, lost nearly 40 Pounds, if this keeps up I might reach my goal weight by the new year, and not late june 2014 at first predicted, but doubt it, I believe weight loss slows down, and the prediction may just catch up with me...
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    one month = 16 lbs pretty excited! I have my goal set to 1.5 lbs a week however it has been about 2.5 lbs a week actually lost. but i started at 220 and have quite a bit to lose. I imagine it won't be this 'easy' in the coming months as i get smaller. I eat around 1500 calories or day..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    40lbs since January7th...I joined her as you can see in mid June...my ticker shows since that date.

so pretty consistently almost 1lb a week.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have lost 48.2 pounds since January 1, 2013.
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I have lost 130 lbs in the last 15 months. I lost the first 100 in about 8 months (I started at 320 lbs). It has taken me another 7 months to lose 30 more lbs. I have about 30 lbs more to lose yet, and I feel like this is where the real hard work begins! But I am commited to getting there!!

Know that you CAN do this!! :happy:
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lost 64 pounds 10 months and then gained 29 back over the summer.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been at it since August of last year, so 14 months. It's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off! :)
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I started January 3rd 2013, logged religiously and lost almost 30 pounds in 5 months, then went off the summer and gained back to 190. Luckily some of the gain was muscle, so to maintain it I'm doing only weightlifting and counting calories to keep losing fat. I'm basically back to where I was in May, so with the bulk in the summer it's taken me 10 months to lose 25 pounds. It's been slow, especially compared to some of the really hard working individuals on here, but I'm glad to be doing it this slowly because then I can maintain things as I slowly ramp up next year and hopefully switch to maintenance.