How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I started July 22nd. things were going very very well. then a little slower. the last three weeks i think ive lost 3 pounds total. (i have it set for 2 pounds a week) All i can do is keep on doing what Im doing and wait. I know it will eventually come off as long as i continue eating at a deficit.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started trying to seriously lose weight again in July. But anyhow, since then I've lost 30 lbs. I have MFP set for one lb a week and readjust it every 10 lbs lost so that my calorie allowance gets slightly lower with each mini goal. I do have a lot of weight to lose, but don't feel being so aggressive and setting it for a 2lb loss is the way to go for me. I like to eat and don't want to sit around being hungry. But knocking off a few calories more every few lbs, that's doable.
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started (I mean seriously, like once and for all started), at the beginning of May 2013, so it's been almost 6 months. I'm about 10lbs shy of where I wanted to be by this time, but as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, I'm not complaining! :-) Best of luck in your journey!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    nine months. 101 pounds.
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started june 3rd! almost 5 months.. 52 pounds.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about 13 months to lose 75lbs. It seems slow sometimes, but I wanted to make sure that I was doing something that was sustainable for the long haul.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP, I adjusted my goals myself and lost about 15 lbs or so. But once I adjusted it to MFP goals and began going by my TDEE minusing 1000 cals from that with my deficit being 800-900. With TDEE you don't eat back your exercise calories, and I try to get some form of exercise daily. This is when I really started losing more and averaging 1st-2 lbs weekly. This different for everyone, but has worked great for me.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds since the beginning of September. I just switched my mfp settings to losing .5 a pound a week but before that, if I chose anywhere between 1-2 pounds a week it still gave me 1200 calories at sedentary no matter what haha. I put it to .5 because I was just too hungry some days , I don't always hit 1400 though especially on workout days.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I joined in February of this year but didn't actually get started properly until the middle of June (I'm sure I had a really good excuse, but I can't remember ) I've lost 11kg (24lb) in 20 weeks at a predicted loss of 1lb per week, so pretty close to the theoretical for me.
  • eebell33
    Options
    Hello! My weight loss started long before I joined MFP. At my highest weight, in high school, I was 159. For the next 5 years I slowly worked through several plateaus, gained weight back a few times and learned to rely less on food emotionally. I am now down to 133. So five years, 26 pounds off.

I have personally found that weekly weight loss goals end up putting too much pressure on each week. I just move slow and steady!
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about 13 months to lose 75lbs. It seems slow sometimes, but I wanted to make sure that I was doing something that was sustainable for the long haul.
    That's about 1.5lb a week - awesome!!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I started on 23rd March 2013 and set my deficit for 2lbs a week. I also train 5-6 times a week (1 weights session, 3 gym cardio, 1 outdoor run and 1 that may be a mixture of strength & cardio eg hill walking or kayaking) and eat back my exercise calories. I've lost 72lbs in 31 weeks (the first few weeks I lost quickly, since then I've averaged about 2.2lbs a week). I still have a long way to go and am expecting the weight loss to slow as won't reduce my calorie intake below where I am (1350 a day pre-exercise) as I know I can eat without being hungry or feeling deprived (exercise cals are my treats!).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Started in March at 143 lbs., joined MFP about 3 weeks later at 141 lbs. Hit my first goal (123 lbs GW) in September. So, that's 20 lbs in 7 mos. Not too bad considering that I'm losing while in the healthy weight range.

Readjusted my goal and am losing about a lb a month now. Wish it were a little faster, but am not willing to put in the extra exercise right now. For sure I'm not trying to eat any less. 1500-1600 Cals is a good place for me, right now.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Started on 6/14/13, down 55 pounds. I fully expect that my loss will slow at some point. I'm hoping it doesn't happen until I get to the 100 pounds lost point.
  • brennamathis
    Options
    10 months to lose 20 lbs. I tend to lose 3-4 lbs quickly at once, then maintain for a few weeks, then lose another 3-4 all at once, then maintain for a few weeks, over and over again. Kinda frustrating, but I haven't gained anything back (which I've always done in the past), so I can work with it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I've lost 123lbs in about 15/16 months. At first it was 2lbs a week, but now more like 2lbs a month, because I'm trying to look ahead to maintenance and want to start eating more not less, sooner than later.... If that makes sense. :smile:
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got serious abt my weight loss on 8/6/13 and since then I've lost 37lbs
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started at 2lbs per week by goals, but actually lost 20 pounds the first 4 weeks.
    The last 13 weeks, I have lost about 13 pounds.
    I'm expecting only .5 - 1 lb per week now until ideal body weight.

I think > body fat percentage easier it is to lose without effecting muscle loss. But when you start getting lower, you have to slow down or else you will lose muscle.

I'm continuing full body strength training 2 - 3 times per week. I switched to 1 - 1.5 pound per weak when I started to notice strength loss. I'll try for only 1 pound or less per week after this week.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just logged my 500th day today! I started out with a 2 pound per week goal. Now I have it set to a half pound per week.
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 65 lbs and that has taken me a year. In the first 6 months I lost about 40. Since the start of the summer my weight loss has really tapered off--partly because as I have less to lose it takes longer, and partly because I let my social life get in the way of my progress. I used to lose about 8 lbs a month and now I'm down to about 2 lbs a month despite the fact that I have my settings to lose 1.2 lbs a week. Granted, if I were always at my calorie goal maybe I would be losing that 1.2 lbs a week?

I do find myself getting frustrated at times that my weight loss has tapered off dramatically, but it hasn't stopped or reversed, so I know I need to keep at it as best I can despite working 60-70 hours a week most weeks.