What Is Your Reward for Reaching Your GW?

Options
Do any of you have a reward in mind for when you read certain milestones?

When I reach my goal weight of 135 lbs (I'm 5'7") I'm going to re-evaluate whether or not I want to drop more. But if I can maintain that weight for 6 months, I'm going to get a tattoo! I've wanted it for awhile but I want to wait until I'm the size that I plan to stay forever and know I can successfully do that.

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I think my reward is to go blow some money on new clothes. Not like a whole wardrobe, but some clothes so the rest don't just float haha. I was working out wearing this huge T-Shirt that no longer fits me tightly, so my boyfriend called me a flying squirrel and I just couldn't stop laughing lol. My shirt is now SOOOO big on me now :)
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Besides new clothes, a new GHD Eclipse straightener. But my profile pic has my Goal Dress (well I think I would be able to fit it 1/2way or 3/4 near my Goal Weight as it's a larger size).
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The Lululemon clothes I've been buying...
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i want to do laser hair removal on my legs.
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    I want to hire a Personal Trainer to help me with free weights.
  • mkarrington77
    Options
    I'm totally chopping all my hair off :)
    So excited.
  • Gemma_Louisex
    Gemma_Louisex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound like an arsehole haha but I think losing the weight itself would be an amazing reward!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound like an arsehole haha but I think losing the weight itself would be an amazing reward!!

This pretty much. I had to buy new clothes for this Fall anyway, they'll just be a bit looser then.

I guess buying new clothes (again) this Summer will be nice though. And maybe even some dresses *gasp*. I should really be at goal weight by then.
  • alyssajayds40
    alyssajayds40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine is going to be a Boudoir photo album for my husband and a few for me to keep as a reminder it’s not a one-time thing this time, its maintenance and the way I want to look and feel always.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    i want to do laser hair removal on my legs.

This, but not on my legs. Hehe.
    Oh, and a boudoir shoot.
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I like all of these! The weight itself is a reward but I need external rewards as well because it's hard to see the weight coming off but I can definitely see a spa package in front of me :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I gave myself a slap on the *kitten* and then started eating a maintenance level of calories which in turn allowed me to really, actually, truly train rather than just exercising.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The husband and I are going back to Sandals. We were married there three years ago on Fri and I can't wait to go back :D

But... also loads and loads of clothes LOL
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes, the weight coming off is a reward, but I want to give myself some non-food treats as well. I always used food as a reward, so I need to train myself to reward myself another way. I bought myself a small cell phone holder to wrap around my arm for when I run (only $3.50 on amazon!) for 20 pounds lost. For 25 pounds, I got myself a food scale, and for 30 (just hit this yesterday), my husband and I are getting massages on Fri night!

OK, so all of these things I would have just bought myself anyway, but I made myself wait until I lost the required amount of weight. Hubs and I are actually members of a massage place, so we have paid for massages every month. It's just a matter of finding a good night to do it.

Oh, I just realized I didn't really answer your question, sorry!! I'm not at my goal weight, these are intermediate rewards for certain milestones. Not exactly sure what my goal weight reward will be. I think at that point the weight being gone WILL be the reward! And obviously, I will need a lot more new clothes, so not sure I want to spend more money beyond that.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I am rewarded every single day with better health and more stamina than I had last week.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    at 10 lbs I'm going to treat myself to a spa pedicure, and 20 a new pair of slim leg lululemon work out pants and at 25 (GW) new jeans.

I think giving yourself a reward is part of taking care of yourself and your health. Goals should be celebrated!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have a reward in mind for when you read certain milestones?

Only for the final goal.

It's spelled A-R-M-A-N-I.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    A healthier body in which to carry a baby in.

If not, then at least a healthier body in general. Maybe I can get off some of these freaking meds.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My reward was meeting my goal weight.

I never really did rewards along the way....the whole thing was just enough in itself :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight/size, I'm buying some really nice clothes. As I've lost I've just been buying mostly cheap stuff so I'm gonna reward myself with some fashionable outfits.