Looking for support.

Options
I am new to MFP. I have only been on about two weeks. My goal is to lose 100 pounds, however as I become healthier and strong through diet and excercise that may change. At first I was very apprehensive about "friends" but the more I use the site and read the message boards I feel it might be more motivational to have support. I am really awkward about friend requesting, I don't really know how to look for people that may be helpful. If you think you might be able to be helpful, supportive, and motivational, please friend request.

Thanks,

Replies

• AronKishore
    Options
    It's good to come out of your shell at times.
    I joined Myfitnesspal 3 weeks ago, and let me reassure you, the community over here is very welcoming and kind.
    Nobody is going to judge you. Heck, the vast majority of the people here have one goal- and that is to attain that perfect body figure. I'll send you a friend request :)
    I have to lose 150 lbs too :)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm awkward about it myself, so let me overcome that ;)
    A friend request to Yose31 has been sent.

Haha, there we go! Will lend support and comment on dailies when I can :)
  • janetj2013
    Options
    We have about the same amount of weight to lose so it would be great to support each other. Just sent you a friend request.
    :smile:
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place to make virtual friends, lose weight and get healthy, though not so much in that order. But each will help the other make progress. Treat this as a new lifestyle and not a diet and you will do awesome. So welcome and I wish you much success. And I'm send you a friend request.
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am brand new on here. Looking for support too. I also have 100 pounds to lose. Sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am fearful as I have failed at weight loss for about 14 years, but I am also ready to kick fear out once and for all! It is a lie that we cant do this!!!! I know I need, and want support in the long journey. Correction...life itself is a journey, isn't it? Looking for some fellow hikers day by day.