23 lbs in 5 months how to lose ?? .please help me !!

Options
:cry: :cry: I have to lose my last 23 lbs in 5months.. how am i gonna do ? what should i do ?? should i quit rice , i have stopped working out :/ i like losing weight by eating right .. m confused .. help me please.. i need to lose 22 lbs in 5 months exact .. i have lost a lot of weight so far in life this is the last 23 lbs i need to lose... please suggest me right..

my age-22
gender-female
height-5.3ft
weight-159.5 lbs
objective- lose 23lbs in 5 month's exact
lifestyle- minimum 30 mins walk a day
and i consume 1200 cals
for lunch i eat one serving rice (250 cals approx with 50 carbs)

will u suggest me to stop rice for 5 months as it is critical ..( i have no serious health conditions, its my challenge to my family )
i have been obese all my teenage, overweight now but i want to be normal weight and feel great !!

i was 87 kgs i ve lost 15kgs approx over many years... now last 23 lbs and its killing me..cause i want it so bad !!
need any info to guide me please ask .. this is all i can think of right now..

thankyou

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Heres how I did it.

I STOPPED drinking alcohol.

I curbed my carbs.

I ate a lot of protein (200 grams).

Drank a lot of water.

Exercised.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Start working out ... lift weights... do some cardio...
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    IMO, if you're eating 1200 cals a day with a goal of 2 lbs a week? That is to aggressive for the little weight you have to lose. I would change it to .5-1lb. But again that's just my two cents.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Um. What is wrong with rice?

Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Simple.

It took me about 3 months to lose about 26lbs. It's definitely doable. Stop freaking out.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You can eat rice, but increase protein intakes too. Set your MFP goal to lose 1 pound per week and make sure to reach that goal. Step up your exercise, just walking might not be enough at this point. Try interval running/walking, elliptical, weight training, zumba, whatever interests you. Try to eat back exercise calories(monitor using HRM, MFP exercise DB gives a very high number)
    Good luck! You have done great so far, just have a little bit of patience. I lost the first 23 pounds in 4 months and have lost only additional 4 pounds since past 3 months.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Limiting your carbs is a better option.

And if you dont wana do it , the best strategy is eat whatever you want but fill yourself to a half apetite. (reduce your food portion to half)
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    With you dimensions, it is recommended that you should 1785calories daily for "aggressive" weight loss (This number will lower slightly for every 5 lbs you lose). There is 4 calories per single Carb and Protien, and there is 9 for every Fat. Most fitness models/bodybuilders set up what is called a Macro split. This means dividing up your caloric needs based on percentages of carbs, proteins and fats. I have found the most successful to be 50% of you calories should come from complex carbs, 30% should come from proteins and 20% should come from healthy fats. (FYI, for weight loss, you either want to have a high carb low fat, or high fat low carb.... both are effective but will work in very different ways. the main idea is to never ever ever go with high carbs and high fat) Now that you have Macro split, set up your pre and post workout meals. Eat roughly 2 hours before you go to the gym, and make sure it has a low glycemic load (google this). Do your workout and shortly after, eat your heart out (within reason). My preworkout is usually 1.5 hours before the gym and is usually a low carb rice cake with some peanut butter and a banana. My post workout is a protein shake, and some complex carbs... usually about 400-500 calories, my second largest meal of the day losing only to breakfast.

The easiest mistakes you can make with this are not eating based on your macros (say one day you end up eating 40% fats and 50% carbs. You body will want to store the extra fat instead of burning it). Also, your pre and post workout meals are just as critical as breakfast. Not setting any of these meals up properly will seriously hamper your goals...
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Also, MFP is a great resource for calculating your macros, but it holds about the worst guide for how many calories you should eat a day. I highly suggest not following the calorie advice provided by MFP. Check out the site below and enter your stats to calculate your BMR/TDEE, much more beneficial :)

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    You'll lose weight by just eating 1200 calories alone...