Ladies... Birth Control Question...?

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I gained weight from it. Two different ones. Doctor tried to get me yet on a third, I told her to forget it. I'm not doing it again.
    If it happens, it happens. I'm old enough.

That's a very mature attitude to have about the possibility of bringing a completely helpless human being into the world.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I gained weight from it. Two different ones. Doctor tried to get me yet on a third, I told her to forget it. I'm not doing it again.

That's a very mature attitude to have about the possibility of bringing a completely helpless human being into the world.
    That's a very mature attitude, to butt into someone else's business where you have absolutely no say :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

That's a very mature attitude, to butt into someone else's business where you have absolutely no say :)

Yeah... posting your medical drama in a public chat room is totally not anyone's business to comment on. How dare you Casey!
  • ThePlight
    Options

Yeah... posting your medical drama in a public chat room is totally not anyone's business to comment on. How dare you Casey!
    Oh, totally. Mhm, specially when I totally asked ;)
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i was on bc for 17 years - the doctor ended up switching the pills for me because of sever cramping. they switched me to a bc pill that made me break out real bad - so bad I ended up having to go on another medication to clear it up .. it was very depressing. Since then i have been scared to try any other bc pill and have been off of it for about 8-9 months. My periods are still very irregular and sometimes got for 2 months with out TOM.

i would talk to a doctor about your pains..
  • Hangnbang
    Hangnbang Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The pull out method? ... It's worked for me sometimes !
  • ThePlight
    Options
    i was on bc for 17 years - the doctor ended up switching the pills for me because of sever cramping. they switched me to a bc pill that made me break out real bad - so bad I ended up having to go on another medication to clear it up .. it was very depressing. Since then i have been scared to try any other bc pill and have been off of it for about 8-9 months. My periods are still very irregular and sometimes got for 2 months with out TOM.

i would talk to a doctor about your pains..
    Totally don't blame you. Things like that causing skin conditions.. Yeach and ouch D:
    That can totally damage self image.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i have been on the pill off & on for over 15 years, many different brands & generics. the only one i had a problem with was YAZ. It made my heart race & skip beats and i felt like i was going to pass out. i noticed this after only a few days of taking it. It seemed to get worse with each passing day so I stopped taking it. I called my dr's office so they could phone in a new prescription & switch me back to the one i had been on before. At the time they said what every dr office will tell you when you experience a side effect that is not listed for the drug, that it was all in my head. but once i got back on a different pill i felt fine.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    you can't get pregnant from anal
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you can't get pregnant from anal

It's true.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Oh no, watch this thread get locked LOL.
    Guess I'll go back to watching Coneheads lol :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I had issues with the pill as well, so I got my tubes tied (I have two kids already).

Best thing I ever did.
  • ThePlight
    Options
    I had issues with the pill as well, so I got my tubes tied (I have two kids already).

Best thing I ever did.
    Definitely doing this after I have two myself.
    Third one, I'm adopting <3.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    You can't get pregnant if you don't have a uterus. Hysterectomy for everyone!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The pull out method? ... It's worked for me sometimes !

Uhhh... sometimes lol :huh:
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm broken... can't get pregnant even when I'm trying.

DO YOUR RESEARCH on the birth control your doc suggests. Many have side effects such as stroke and heart disease, especially if you are predisposed to those things because of family history etc. Also, there are tons of class action law suits for many of the methods I've read in the posts in this topic.

Don't wait to talk to someone about those pains. CALL NOW. Get an appointment for THIS WEEK. :ohwell:
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I started back on birth control my doctor gave me only a 3 month supply then I had to get a Pap done to make sure things were ok then the Dr. gave me a full year supply. I had no side effects at all, no water/weight gain either. I like it. Plus keep my period regular and barely have any cramps too.
  • HavocOmega
    Options
    Typically only estrogen-dominant bc pills are prescribed as a default, which can mess up a ton of things, without going into a whole list. I would suggest trying a more progestin-heavy (as in, higher proportion of progestin than things like Yaz) to see if you do better.

I had a horrible hormonal imbalance that caused me to have periods all the time and for months in a row, for a full decade because doctors in several different states REFUSED to examine me when I went to their offices. "Oh it will go away" the first time I went in for it. After ten years of dealing with it on my own, I independently figured it out. Sometimes you just gotta take your situation into your own hands.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I did awesome with the pull out method for 5 straight years!

I got pregnant using this method within 3 months! I would definitely not recommend it!

I have never had any chest pains with birth control. I have taken a few different pills, the patch, and depo shot. I started having extreme lack of sex drive on the pill and just had a baby (by choice this time haha) and now am at the point where I have to decide what to do for birth control this time. I just don't know what to do at this point!

You definitely need to discuss this with your doctor and make sure you don't have a serious health condition.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I took loestrin 24 fe for years and loved it but it was discontinued so I am taking lo loestrin which is also a low dose pill. Lower doses work best for me. I was given a high dose pill along time ago and I gained weight and got bad acne from it.