Binge eating

Options
How many calories do you think you usually eat when you go off track and binge?

Replies

• CassieFindley86
    CassieFindley86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have actually tracked my calories the last few times I binged...

One day it was 5,355 calories total. The other day was 4,310 calories. I felt like tracking it made me feel more accountable and I am hoping it will be a start of the process to eliminate binge eating.

In the past I have had worse binges that I am sure resulted in higher calories counts, but never tracked it.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have only had "very small" binges this week and I tracked most of the time. This is not even 50% of what I would normally binge on.And I could be missing stuff as well. This is with zero exercise :(

The amounts this past week were: 3330, 4488, 2121 (no binging day with this total). I have only logged the past 5 days or so and missed writing about half the day on two of them.
  • daphneC94
    Options
    ya for me its a couple thousand, not even including the rest of the day
  • kd51411
    kd51411 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am about the same! A few thousand :-( I really didnt think it was possible to eat that many calories but I guess it is!!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    binge days can hit anywhere from 3,000 to 7,000 calories for me
  • jellojiggler26
    Options
    My binging can also be thousands and thousands depending on how I'm feeling.
  • ClaUuuUuu
    ClaUuuUuu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mines... around 5,000
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I log even when I go nuts and way over.

The biggest ever was 7200 over my calories, I was bulking at 2400 back then lol

Was delicious in a disgusting way! :laugh:
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    At least 5000
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want. So there's no binging.
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Maybe a couple of thousand I guess
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Back in the day....I can't even begin to tell you. The highest binge for the last 6 months was around 3,000 for the whole day give or take a few.....and I average around 1900 most days anyway so this has come a really long way since fast food and dessert binges of the past which I would guess would be in the 5000+ range.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'd say for me, that eating about 1000-2000 calories over maintenance would count as a binge for me...so 3500-4500 calories. I do track it to see how it affects my overall losses or gains.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When I binge, I think I have extra 1000-1500 plus in the evening..It does happen to all of us I think. :(
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This would be a great thred for all those poor girls (well, mostly girls) who think eating an extra piece of cake constitutes a binge. :noway: :frown:

I actually don't think I have binged since using MFP, and if I did it was while I was at a buffet or while living without internet at home to track it properly.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want. So there's no binging.

Surely you have days with intense cravings when you eat a LOT more than 'normal', no? I think that would constitute a binge.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had no binge from the begining- 9 months, till last month, I lost 44kg in this time, thats about 100 lbs I think...I think my body get tired and fights :)
  • krisflower19
    krisflower19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually binge around 6000 depends on how much money I have
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Not sure...how much is a box of Chips Ahoy?
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Knock on wood, I haven't binged since I got serious about my weight loss. In the old days, I know I could easily knock back 6000-8000 calories on a bad day. The worst part is during a binge I ate so mindlessly I didn't even taste the food.