I m nervous about my run tomorrow

Options
I have a 5k tomorrow night. I'm nervous because I was training very well for it and now I haven't been running in a few weeks,. So with that said I'm worried about my run,,. Any advise for me?

Replies

• courtneymurphy123
    Options
    just do your best! i ran a 5k this summer. first one i ever did. I planned to run as far as possible which ended up being the whole thing! Just push your self within reason! You'll do great! Good Luck!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine, just pace yourself (start off ay a normal pace) ... Don't be one of those people that sprints the first mile/ half mile and then poops out ...
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Go and have fun. The race atmosphere usually gives me a boost and I do better at races than in my neighborhood. I like either great music or good company at a race. I have some awesome friends who are faster than me but will do races with me and just chat with me to help me stay on pace. Usually for longer races they have a short decrease in run length a week or so before the big race. Just view your break as a tapper week or two . Good luck!
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Relax
    Go to bed early
    Get plenty of rest
    You will do great.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

^This. You'll do fine. I just had my 3rd 5k yesterday and although I still didn't run the whole thing my time improved a ton over my last one. Try to pace yourself though. In the crowds I get all excited and tend to go way too fast the first mile and wear myself out WAY too early.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I did a 5k in September and I was so excited I ran the whole thing and still felt like I could run longer. But that was my last time running. My niece talked me into doing this one.
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey, I totally get it. I was training for my first 5K and had two weeks of NO running right before (it was this past Saturday).

My time wasn't as good as it was before those two weeks, but it was still within my goal (under 40 min, and I came in a 39:35-phew!). I did a 5K distance two days beforehand just to make sure I could run the distance, so that helped curb my nerves.

Best thing to do is take it slow and steady, so you can have a consistent pace the whole time. Be proud of yourself for finishing it, regardless of how long it takes you. This doesn't have to be your LAST race, so don't "sweat" it :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Shoot. Even if you walk to whole thing, I'd still consider it a win. (Better than sitting on the couch, eating Cheetos:wink: )

Like others here have said: Go do your best and have fun. :)
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Starting in May. I want to do a. 5k every month.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just go out there and have fun! Embrace race day magic! No matter what, I hope you have the feeling afterward that you're a bit of a bad-*kitten*. :)
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I woke up this morning and I feel great and am ready to go,,
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Starting in May. I want to do a. 5k every month.

why from May? its only october now!?
  • Melissaol
    Options
    It gets to cold outside starting now,
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Don't be. Enjoy the ride you'll be fine.
    The race adrenaline is nice but try to pace yourself, you don't want to run out of gas before the finish line. And remember you are competing against yourself, there is gonna be always someone faster than you, but also slower :)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and enjoy your race. Take pictures and have fun and ....... don't cry like I did myself (pusssssssyyy me lol)

Good luck
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It gets to cold outside starting now,

I have 2 races in November, 3 in December (2 in one day eek), 2 in January, 2 or 3 in February and 3 or 4 in March.

I live in New Hampshire. Races are my only opportunity to run outside and trust the lack of ice under my feet during the winter.

But I can't wait until spring...

Oh, and if you were training and took a little time off it's like a taper, you'll be fine. Kick some *kitten*.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be worried about. Do what you can, and walk it if need be. These things are a piece of cake, and you'll enjoy yourself.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    My run was fantastic. I did good. I wish my time was better. But we ran in a group. So it was fine. I'm going to do the Fargo marathon relay next year. So I will need to run about 5 miles. So I will need to start training for it.