Anyone obsessed with foood?

Options

Replies

• ClaUuuUuu
    ClaUuuUuu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So obsessed I dream about I know the day I'm gonna die, so the day before I enter a room full of my favorite foods and eat until I die happily ever after.

And it´s no joke! But the idea of weight gain scares me so much I live a life full with restrictions.... Food love is my karma.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I am entirely obsessed with food. I think about it constantly. I am not just obsessed with eating it but think about it, the good, the bad, the ugly. Everything.

I think for some people it goes away with time. For me, I have to actively try to balance my obsession with life. I got to a few points where I was obsessed to the point that I reached out for help as I wasn't balancing it. It overtook my life. My whole relationship with food - and I don't mean overeating. I do still talk to my husband about it so I can try to be normal. But you have to know when your obsession stops being normal and starts being crazy.

A healthy obsession with it is good!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    *Is anyone else obsessed with what they eat?

Yes.
    *Does anyone else think about food alot?

Yes.
    *Does this every go away with time?
    No. Well, not if I want to stay at a healthy weight. I've got no sense of how many calories I'm consuming and if I don't log everything every day, I will gain weight in a short period of time.

I see food a lot like I see money. I've got a limited amount of money, therefore I just can't go buying whatever I want. I have to budget and plan my money, not just over the month but on a day to day level.

I've got a finite number of calories to work with every day. Therefore I have to budget my calories to stay in the healthy range. I can go over budget with ease on both accounts. Hence, I must think about food and money on a near constant basis.

I have gotten more efficient about it, though. I don't spend a lot of time meal planning anymore, but when I first started tracking I would spend several hours a day trying to calculate my meals. Now I spend maybe 15-20 minutes per day.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I absolutely obsess about food. I have for as long as I can remember. Even as a child, I was very concerned about when/where our next meal would be...not because we were poor or my parents didn't feed me either. It sucks.

I am a numbers person so MFP is helpful - it gives me numbers to obsess about. A challenge to meet each day.

I hope that once I reach my goal, I will relax a little. I will probably always weigh myself daily or every other day. I plan to give myself a 3lb max gain before I become obsessive again for a few days. Hopefully this 'planned' relaxation on my diet will keep me happy and....relaxed lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'll have to keep logging forever. It's the only way I won't put weight back on, assuming obviously that I can stick to it.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'll have to keep logging forever. It's the only way I won't put weight back on, assuming obviously that I can stick to it.
    Indeed. I hear about these people who are like "I just don't enjoy junk food anymore." I am not one of those people. I still want to eat half of a Little Caesar Hot 'N Ready pizza.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm at work wondering what I'm going to eat tomorrow! i'm on MFP logging food that I will be making or at work looking up recipes...I would say YES I'm obsessed lol. I'm also obsessed with food which is what got me overweight to begin with.

My obsession with food now though is a little different and I'm learning to cook. I'm into finding recipes, something new and easy to try.

If I dont, I will definitely be going to taco bell (my usual cheat place) and just eat anything and all cheese items lol.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Was obsessed for the first 3 weeks or so & wanted to cry one day at the work cafe bc I forgot my lunch at home and I freaked about not knowing EXACTLY what I was eating and the nutritional info. Think I ended up eating a half a turkey sandwich and a banana. Those obsessive/anxious feelings have mostly subsided (almost 100 days in now), but I do still avoid some social activities because of food/drink options (I know I can't be happy at a party where I don't really know anyone where alcohol & lots of yummy food will be at my disposal.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I've always been a label reader and foodie but I've become a little more obsessive. It's been really great for my cooking. I've become more adventurous in the kitchen and with some planning, have learned to see cooking as enjoyable rather than a chore.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! I don't know if it ever goes away!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm so obsessed I eat every day, multiple times a day.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nope just sex.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Nope just sex.

tumblr_m9xpo0WQAp1rziwwco1_500.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I eat food daily.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm actually finding it harder to eat lately and to actually REACH close to my daily calories now that I'm counting them lol.
    I'm also still picking days where I break free of my "healthy food only" regime and eat junk food. I will never stop eating junk food, but will make sure to count calories and portions <3.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yup. That's why I gained over 120 pounds lol. I am still obsessed but I think in a more positive way. I will always be a food lover though. I enjoy counting my calories and figuring out what I will eat every day.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nope just sex.

tumblr_m9xpo0WQAp1rziwwco1_500.gif

tumblr_mqfylns6hx1sn8zpko3_500_zps27cad387.gif
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    It went away when I stopped vilifying food or food groups, severely restricting calories and gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted in whatever quantity I wanted. I learned to listen to my body and trust it to want to be healthy.
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I need to be obsessed with planning what to eat. It is so easy for me lately to stop and get fast food and eat in the car. If I don't change that habit now, I'll never reach my goal weight!!
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cute comment being so obsessed with food that you eat several times a day. When I was 20 years old, I forgot to eat or didn't take the time to eat all day. Now that I am 40 years older, I never forget about food.