Scales, Blenders, Spiralizers Oh My! (appliances you love?)

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    loooooooooove my new immersion blender. Came with all these neato attachments.
    big fan of my kitchen aid mixer, though it only sees the light of day around this time of year (very little counter space)
    Love my coffee grinder.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, I have an immersion blender (stick blender) which I love but it's currently packed away. Ditto my KitchenAide Mixer with attachments (never been used),and my pressure cooker (ditto). If my husband ever finishes my kitchen...... <sigh>. Think I might invest in the digital scale, I suspect my "eyeball" is not very accurate. Just ordered a blender, but hasn't arrived yet..... and I suspect it will stay in the box awhile too. I do use my slow-cooker all the time, I couldn't do without it. And my FoodSaver (just replaced with the newer version). My number one kitchen appliance - my coffee machine, of course!
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd really love to get an actifry. My parents have one...it's awesome.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I have a Thermomix, the ultimate kitchen accessory. They're pretty awesome and you can have a party without any obligation to buy although once you've seen one in action you probably will end up wanting one especially if you're a gadget person. Advance warning - they don't come cheap

http://www.thermomix.com.au/
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My vibrator
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Listed in order of Importance:

Triple-wide Fridge w/ice maker. :love:
    Upright Deep Freeze
    Gas Stove/oven
    Am a precision baker so my digital scale which weighs in ounces, grams, pounds.
    TWO Kitchen Aid Stand mixers.:love::love:
    Electronic oven thermostat which alarms if oven is too high/low.
    Two Food testers (for doneness) - one electronic
    Vitamix with wet AND dry containers:love:
    George Foreman Griller
    Pampered Chef Pizza Stone (not an appliance, but helps regulates oven temp extremely well)
    Toaster
    Smoker (ok, so its outside:laugh: )

And just for fun....my ceramic knives :bigsmile:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    My vibrator

Dolphin in the kitchen, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's a new one on me ! :laugh:
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I would do without my food scale! I live between 2 states and it actually travels with me EVERY weekend! I have the "Biggest Loser" scale from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's electronic, only $19.95 and does an amazing job.

It helps me control my portions, I also think it's 100x easier to "measure things" in order to count calories. Not to mention it's also easier to "measure" things for recipes as you can tare out each ingredient instead of having to mess up measuring cups, etc.!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee grinder and my bodum. Combined they create the most amazing, delicious coffee. I could not live without them.

I also love my scale!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh, great topic!
    My digital scale is my newest joy. My food processor gets al kinds of use (hummus!). I don't use the immersion blender much but it's the perfect thing when I do and doesn't take up much room.

The stand mixer was bought before I realized I needed to limit baked goods. I won't say I regret it but it hasn't proved so useful in the last year or so.

I am jonesing for a food mill. That'll be my next purchase. I'll make room. I make my own chile sauce and it was better when I pressed it through a stainless sieve but that took forever.

Someone mentioned their pizza stone. I second that. Also good knives and cutting boards - not appliances but they work better than many they replace.

My husband uses the cheap, off-brand Foreman type grill all the time. When I want bacon in something, he's in charge of cooking it in the grill. Takes out soooo much fat!

I don't even know where that old blender is.

I never heard of spiralizers. I think I may regret learning what they are!
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love the pampered chef pizza stone and the stoneware baking tray. Awesome. And the pampered chef garlic press is probably one of the best inventions ever.
    Listed in order of Importance:

Triple-wide Fridge w/ice maker. :love:
    Upright Deep Freeze
    Gas Stove/oven
    Am a precision baker so my digital scale which weighs in ounces, grams, pounds.
    TWO Kitchen Aid Stand mixers.:love::love:
    Electronic oven thermostat which alarms if oven is too high/low.
    Two Food testers (for doneness) - one electronic
    Vitamix with wet AND dry containers:love:
    George Foreman Griller
    Pampered Chef Pizza Stone (not an appliance, but helps regulates oven temp extremely well)
    Toaster
    Smoker (ok, so its outside:laugh: )

And just for fun....my ceramic knives :bigsmile:
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I do use my immersion blender often. It is wonderful for making soups. I'll use it to make vinaigrettes sometimes too, whipping up some "healthier" chocolate milk for the kids (milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, organic sugar).

To make single-serve smoothies or protein shakes I use my regular blender and a Mason jar. A standard canning jar will screw on to a blender bottom. It essentially turns any blender into a Nutribullet kinda thing. Drink straight out of the jar, no big blender pitcher to wash. :)

I live by my food scale. It's just the cheapie Biggest Loser one from BB&B. Before that one I used my postal scale, but that finally wore out and the digital display slowly died until I couldn't tell what the numbers were anymore. LOL

I vacillate between LOVING new kitchen gadgets, and wanting to cut down on the cabinet clutter!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My vibrator

beat me to it- totally thought I was going to have to say this.

I bought a scale herm- 9 months ago? I've drained the battery on it once already- however long that takes. Regardless- love it- use it almost every day- best purchase ever.

I do like my spiral blender ball mug to- milk + vanilla protein.... delicious post workout drink.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My epilator.
    My vibrator.

Lol, but I'm assuming this is about food appliances!!!

I love my pressure cooker. So good for soups, and anything that requires a large pan.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I used my immersion blender for everything in the world from being too lazy to make my own scrambled eggs to making soups. But heck as long as I don't want a smooth soup, I can make that in my regular 20 dollar blender.

I'd really like a spiral slicer and some other gadgets like a dehyradtor and some new pans.
  • deejaroo
    deejaroo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What's a mandolin???
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i love kitchen gadgets.

i got a food scale at bed bath and beyond for 20 bucks. it really does help as far as getting used to what a portion is. if you feel you are really off measuring by eye balling get a food scale and then when you are used to what the portions look like you don't need to use it anymore. i use it all the time but i also have obsessiveness with food and weird rituals.

i only have one type of blender, my friend got it for us as our first apt warming gift. a ninja, has the blender and a smaller one to dice and chop veggies and other stuff that needs to be chopped. it's awesome. it doesn't have different speed buttons but you control it using the dicer thingy you press down. get one of those, i make smoothies in it, puree soups, make shakes, dice veggies it's awesome.

i pretty much love all my kitchen gadgets though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    IMHO, everyone should have a food scale in their kitchen...I used mine all of the time, even before I actually started cutting the fat. I also use my immersion blender all of the time as I make a lot of soups and what not. I hardly ever use my blender because I use my immersion blender most of the time and I don't even know what a spiralizer is. At any rate, I often like the idea of having appliances like food dehydrators or juicers, etc....the reality is that I would most likely rarely use them and they'd just end up taking a lot of valuable space and costing me money. I'm ultimately a lot better off when I stick to multi functional appliances.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    and my slow cooker is my favorite too, lazy dinners chyeahhh!!!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Blendtec (AWESOME blender, probably the best out there. There is a lot of discussion between the Blendtec and the Vitamix - but I'm fond of the Blendtec. Youtube 'will it blend?' - it has a soup setting and actually comes out steaming!)
    Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator (<33333)
    Breville Juicer (AMAZING)
    Food Processor (little dinky one from Walmart does the trick)
    lol and two of my favs:
    As Seen on TV Orgreenic & Aero Blade