stuck please help!

Options
I NEED help i seem to be stuck at my current weight i have been for about a month now. I excersise everyday and try to eat healthy i do have a cookie everynow and then. I am getting discouraged because i seem to be going nowhere. Any advice would be aprecciated!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Nothing wrong with cookies in moderation.

Are you logging all food and exercise? Are you weighing solid food and measuring liquids?

If you open your diary up, we might be able to help you a bit.
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    You probably are at your weight plateau. Try to change up your excercises. If you restrict too much then try to increase your intake (on healthy foods ) for one day . When I was stuck I visited my aunt and ate healthy but not as calorie restricted and I came back and actually started losing weight again. :)
  • daniellemarie1985
    Options
    Ok i opened my diary.. and i log everything somedays i dont log anything.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I get stuck I have to change up my exercises or take a day or two and up my intake and that has helped me.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ok i opened my diary.. and i log everything somedays i dont log anything.

This may be one of the problems. EVERYONE under estimates their calorie intake. If you're stuck, you're eating too many hidden calories (don't know, wrong guess, mislabeled food)
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs for a few days...do less than 100 carbs for three days.. it will boost your weight loss and remove some cravings and then go back to your regular diet that you were on. 3 days is ideal.
    3 days low carb, 3 days regular diet, free day and begin again this cycle until you see weight loss...
    It works for me and I see a few lbs when I am stuck or feel I am craving sweets..
    Anita
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I looked at your diary and noted two things. First, there are several days in a row you are not logging. My guess is you are eating more than you think you are on those days.

The second thing is that I wonder if your calorie burn estimations are high. Does 65 minutes of Zumba really burn almost 800 calories? Most aerobic classes do no burn that much.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good for you for asking! But this means you're gonna get a lot of advice from the peanut gallery! Here goes:

I agree with getting consistent to count your calories...all of them....every day...

You also need to try an HRM for a more reliable calorie burn on your exercises. My guess is that you are missing a lot of hidden calories and overestimating your burned calories...which adds up quickly.

Also might want to manage your sodium... try to get it down to 1500 a day and up the water intake!!!!!!

Hang in there!
  • daniellemarie1985
    Options
    I am calcuating calories burned from zumba by the counter thing on here
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I am calcuating calories burned from zumba by the counter thing on here

Bingo! MFP estimates way high. I'd say cut those estimations in half, but I could be wrong.