Need help- calorie count

Options
Had business guests today for lunch and wanted to go to chinese, NOT the two restaurants I had planned my meal choices for.

Had buffet, a plateful of dabs of this and that. Basicly everything was in sauce. Ate one crab ragoon. Plate was slightly heaping :blushing:

I'm thinking of counting it as 1,000 calories but want to make sure nobody thinks I'm undershooting. I can't tell you all what was on the plate, literally two-three bites of everything. Most choices were veg, but they were in sauce. THIS IS A MSG FREE chinese place so that's a plus. Meat choices were white-meat chicken, but all had some sort of sauce.

Appreciate the help. This is why I DON'T vear off my normal foods much! LOL! :ohwell:

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just use your best guess. The calories you log are for you own tracking purposes. Drink lots of water and eat a nice, healthy dinner tonight & get back on track tomorrow!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    The calories you log are for you own tracking purposes.

I just want to be sure I'm holding myself accountable. Boy do I feel bloaty and bleh! :sick: I think my bod is USED to good nutrition and doesn't know what to do when I load it with gunk! :drinker:
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    In my opinion 1000 may be too many calories for your meal (even if it was a buffet) but in my mind, it is better to over-estimate than under-estimate!
  • XaraLouise
    XaraLouise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1000 sounds about right, but as someone else has said: Eat well tonight then get back into plan tomorrow.
    I've learned that every so often, you need to go over your calorie count, esp. if you're used to good healthy food, but just too much of it. My body has thought it was being starved a few times, so going over every now and again isn't a bad thing :)

Good luck and keep going!
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    I would stick with 1000. Particularly if you ate a lot of veggie based stuff. The sauce is where all of the cals would be coming from. Just eat a salad or something for dinner and stay on top of it the rest of the week. Sometimes a little indulgence actually revs your metabolism. :)
  • rufatbob
    Options
    Ive done the same thing gone to a chinese buffet and once you start figuring everything out . You probably did under shoot but just think of it as a day off and back on board the next day we all need to take a break good luck :smile:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    thanks everyone! this is why i love mfp!
  • allthatnme
    allthatnme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean we went and had chinesse and i was thinking a serving spoon fool of beef and broccoli or beef and shrimp even with chicken lol and a bowl of hot and sour soup.They had no just brocolli with anything. The hot and sour soup was not good. It was my anniversary so i didnt wanna be sittin there with my iphone out looking to check out sushi. Chinesse its a hard row to tow lol. All those sauces... I did try to eat mostly vegtablesso. I didnt know so I ate a lite dinner and called it a day. If I go buffet I like Ryans they have tons of veggies and eat a chicken leg and its all good. I was very surprised when I logged that dinner.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    180 cal for dinner! Woop!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Well it's really hard to say without really knowing. Chinese is one of the worst foods. My husband loves his chinese food so once I looked it up and it was more than a whole days calorie count. Maybe yours wasn't but its hard to tell. Just go with your gut and eat well from here on.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Its funny you posted this today. Our splurge meal tomorrow is going to be chinese! I don't try to figure out the calories in our splurge meal, just allow myself to enjoy it and know that it is only a once a week thing.