How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options

Replies

• kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Roughly 9.5 months and 77 pounds gone. I had it set on 2 pounds a week for about 6 months, and most of the time achieved that. I have it set for 1 pound a week now but sometimes the loss is closer to .5 pound. I'll take it!

I am 5.6 pounds away from my end of the year goal of weighing 160 and should get there. I'd like to lose 20 more pounds after that and anticipate it taking 6 months.
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started on January 5th, 15kg to go to hit my goal for the year. Going to be tight with only 2 months to go!
    Also, one more question. If you set your calories at losing 2 lbs. per week, and you follow the amount of calories allotted you, do you find this to be fairly accurate? Or do you lose more? Or less?
    I ignored it completely and manually set my daily limit to 1500, averaged about 3-4 pounds a week for most of the year but when you start at 210kg the normal rules don't really apply.
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi ..i really havent committed myself anymore.. and then i whine and complain. when will i snap out of it .. sorry on venting out .. feel lost
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's taken me about a year to lose almost 30 pounds. I have my calories set for 1 pound per week but I don't always follow. I try my best though and I'm doing it slowly but surely.
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 5 years to lose 150(ish) lbs, but I did it in waves (320 to 250, 250-225, 225-200, 200-190, 190-170) taking significant breaks where I just stayed at the same weight for a while, so not gaining, but not losing. ...the good part is, even though it took me a while, it has stayed off, and my body doesn't look like I've lost that much weight. Different strokes for different folks! ...congrats to all who have lost, and good luck to all that are still on their journey, like myself!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I began on MFP 13 months ago with a weight of 201. Have so far dropped 48 pounds.
    I set my goal to lose a half-pound per week and am averaging slightly more than that. Weight loss was quicker in the beginning, which is to be expected.

I'll get there when I get there. I'm also 55, so the weight comes off more slowly.

I do not feel deprived in the least -- I've been looking to lose weight slowly and sustainably, and have changed my eating habits in a way that I plan to continue through maintenance. For the most part, that means staying away from most processed foods and consuming more fresh produce.

I also do about 6 hours of cardio per week.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been working hard at losing since the end of November 2012, and I've lost 52 pounds so far. I'm happy with that loss, and with a lot more hard work I hope that I'll reach my ultimate goal (62 pounds to go!) by the end of November 2014.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I reset my counter on August 5, my first day of work at my current job. So I've lost 14 lbs in 12 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50 lbs in the last 12 months. I upped my calories 200 from what MFP said, and I lose faster (and feel better) that way. I don't eat back all of my exercise calories, but most of them. I have a cheat meal once a week, but it's not "anything goes" it's more a planned splurge on something I may not eat normally.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Started in April (the 9th to be exact). Not quite in maintenance, but haven't been trying to lose any more in the last few weeks. All in all, it took me about 6 months to get to where I am. Still have a couple pounds to go, but really only because I want to finish and not give up on the goal even though I plan on floating between 175-180. Currently 177.2
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I started in June 2012 at 175lbs and reached my goal of 140 in March 2013, so it took me 10 months to lose 35 lbs (average of 3.5lbs per month). I had my goal set at a loss of 1lb per week most of the way, and changed it to .5lb loss per week towards the end. I have been maintaining between 139-144lb since March.

I learned so much since the day I started, and I became a person who I never thought I'd become (actually ENJOYING exercise and being "the girl with the healthy lunch" at work) but I am of course the same old me inside with the same old tendencies to over-indulge so I am always working at it. I stick to the "everything in moderation" philosophy, and I believe that my slow and steady weight loss helped me create some really good habits and break my old ones...like that 2 donut breakfast habit...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    It's taken me about five months to lose a little over 40 pounds. I feel like this is pretty sustainable while still being quick enough to be satisfying.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 126-130+ pounds (not sure of my actual weight when I first started) since last September.
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    I joined MFP September 2012 but it took me 5 months to take it seriously. I was at 280+ lbs before I started losing last February and managed to lose about 65 lbs to date.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I started august 13th:drinker:
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    73.6 lbs in 9 months.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I started seriously trying to loose weigh about 2 years ago. Lost about 50 lbs then had some health issues and lost my motivation and gained back 40 lbs. Got serious again 9/16/13 and have since lost another 10 lbs.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I kinda seesawed for a little bit before I got serious. Started at 216, went down to 190, up to 199, down to 155, back to 173 and now I am down to 160 which is where I should be. The biggest drop (199 to 155) took about 8 months. I set the goal for one and a half pounds per week.
  • Sontoun
    Sontoun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs over 1 year. I've kept it off for a year within a +/- 5 lb range; this includes the month I was super sick and couldn't exercise and my "falling off the wagon" a few times with both eating habits and exercise. I'm not "skinny" as I see myself but am in the normal weight range for my height. I keep my "goals" loose so I don't set myself up for failure. I'm working more on toning up and decreasing fat percentage. Go slow with both diet and exercise because you are changing your lifestyle. Also, forgive yourself for "falling off the wagon" then just back on and restart again!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Started in June this year and lost 9kg or about 20lbs so far. Losing 9 out of the 16kg in 5 months is good progress for me.