Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Of course I'm in for the Valentine's Challenge. I'll be gone still until Tuesday but can start our check ins after that. I got a pair of 10 petite jeans on the other day - I'm not saying they looked good but they were zipped and buttoned... By Valentines Day I want to be able to get into an 8 petite. Might be a bit of a lofty goal but I am going to up my workouts by at least 20% including weight training. Keep me honest! It has been so fun having everyone comment on how good I look. I want to knock their socks off the next time I'm home. Woo hoo! THANKS everyone for participating in these daily challenges. It really helps motivate me to not let you all down!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am desparate to get moving again. My husband, son & I have been fighting some sort of crud for two weeks now. I am trying to kick bronchitis and killer tonsilitis (someone shoot me please!):sick: My workout is suffering because it hurts to breathe.:sad:

I want to be at 145 by Valentine's day. Goals are to do 5 days cardio, 2 days lifting. I got a swimsuit for Christmas and the colleges' indoor pool is re-opening in about a week after two years of remodeling! :happy: So when it's too cold or icy out to run, you can find me in the pool. Plus I think I've talked my husband in to swimming with me (we did all the time when in college). My ultimate goal is 135 by March 16th (my b-day), so I need a lot of motivation & help. Anyone want a pen-pal?

For those of you stuck at a plateau, some advice. Between Thanksgiving and about the 15th of Dec, I didn't drop a pound. Maybe fluctuated 2-3 lbs, but no new weight loss. As a result of traveling & now being sick, I haven't been working out as much and consuming slightly higher net calories. Guess what, I started dropping weight! I had put myself in the "starvation mode" because I was hitting 1200 calories a day with adjustment for 1 hr. of intense exercise. After analyzing my reports for ex & cals, I noticed that when I started this program, my calories were usually around 1600 and took some time & effort to get down to 1200, and I was only doing 30 min of exercise. Then with all your support, I got hard core and was busting my tail to no avail!

So, if you've been stuck for more than about a week, try adding a couple hundred calories. Especially if you've increased your exercise, you may be sabotaging your metabolism! You can always cut back again if it doesn't work. In my case, I think I was underestimating my daily activity level, which drastically affects you BMR. Hmmm, maybe a factor in why I've been sick for so long; no energy to fight. Guess I need to add a multivitamin back in the mix. :laugh:

Anyways, I wanted to share because I know a few of you from the Christmas Challenge have expressed similar frustrations. Let's make 2008 the best year of our lives thus far; if for no other reason, because of the new friends I have here!
  • Dietagain
    Options
    Wow sounds great im in on that,

45 days or 6 and a half weeks.

My Goal will be 15lbs weight loss.

30 mins Jogging/Running 6 days a week
    15 mins weights 4 days a week

Good Luck everyone xx:heart:
  • jessjess
    Options
    I'm in. I'd like to lose 10lbs by Valentines Day.

We'll see how it goes.

Currently I work out at least 6 days a week, an hour of cardio and try to squeeze in weights every now and then. That regimen will drastically change in one month. After that, I'll have to figure out a new work-out plan.

Good luck to us all!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    :heart: ok, I want to give this a try. very new to this message board. (1 day) and it is already inspiring. 15 pounds by valentines. I am not great about checking in, but having to be accountable might make a difference. love the upbeat attitude everyone seems to have here. thats 45 days to lose 15 pounds. very doable. starting right now. :glasses:
  • Christy421
    Options
    I want to join too! I just joined the board today, and am so excited! I'm shooting for 10 by Valentine's day, and I think with the support here I can do it! Good luck everyone!

excited!! :smile:
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    Yep...Me too! I want to join. Right now, I am working at 6 days a week 30-45 min. cardio and 3 days a week 45 min. weights. I have a lot of motivation right now because my doctor said...lose it or be in trouble. So, I don't want to be 27 and in trouble, so I am going to get rid of this weight. I am already down 14 lbs in 3 weeks! Anyway, have a great Holiday everyone! I'll see you on the other side of Valentine's Day!
  • popo49
    popo49 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well I am a newbie but I will join..

Plan--start date today 01-01-08 current weight 217 lbs
    target weight by Feb 14- 205

Training:
    strength training- M W F core lifts sets of 5 x5
    Lactic acid training- Tu Thu
    Cardio- tabata protocols

Diet...sticking to prescribed ranges with the exception that I bumped my protein intake to 196 gms per day or more

I plan on taking measurments and before and after photos
  • kiawah
    kiawah Posts: 2
    Options
    athomemommy,

How have you been soo successful in loosing over 50 lbs already?
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yesterday i got back on track after holidays and hope to loose the 4 lbs i gained by Monday at least. And my new short term goal at that point will be 20 by valentine day, I think that should be doable since the first 30 took around 7 weeks.

As for exercise I fit in what I can when I can. Most of my burning is from cleaning and chasing kids. Sense I count my hubby as one of the kids… lol that makes 3 to keep up with and clean up after. Keeps be busy in the evenings when I get home from work.
  • baday
    baday Posts: 35
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. My goal is to lose 11 lbs. to reach my weight when I met my wife. Currently I'm at 186 and I want to get down to 175.

My goal for New Years Day was actually 185 (down from 208) so I only missed that goal by 1 lb. (which is fine with me, since I lost over 20 lbs. since October. :smile:

Good luck everyone!
  • alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs!!! WOOOHOOO!:love:
  • kkinard
    kkinard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I know I'm a bit late, but better late than never. I am committed to ditching the sugar completely (major addict). I am also going to stay within my 1200 calorie budget. I also commit to work out cardio 4x per week and strength training 2x per week.

My goal is to lose 8 pounds by V-Day.

Kelly

107873.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Whoa. . .my post is a zombie post!

Nowadays, the fitness challenge lives at

"Stronger, Better, Faster. . ."

we re-post every day.

:flowerforyou:

(this post is from last year, but feel free to resurrect it if you'd like to stay here. . .or join us at SBF if you like)
  • smmc
    smmc Posts: 18
    Options
    HI all,
    I would like to join as well. I am late I know... I have a mini goal for weight and 2 inches from my waistline.
    Some type of core exercises everyday !!!
    Thanks for the challenge.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am going to do core exercises everyday and eat all my servings of fruits and veggies every day! That's gonna be tough for me! Here we go - one month away!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am so in! i'm looking to lose 5 pounds! Good luck everyone! :drinker: