5k. Did it.

Options
stevepax
stevepax Posts: 86 Member
Ok, so it was just on a treadmill in the gym, while watching The Office on Netflix, but I ran 5k. It was more of a jog for most people, at 5 miles per hour, but that is the furthest I have ever run in my entire life in a single stretch. I don't like running much, but it's good to know that I could do it.

Maybe someday I'll try it out on the real road, if I can figure out a way to watch Netflix while I run outdoors. :)

I confess that I'm pretty proud of myself this morning.

Replies

• prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AWESOME FOR YOU!!!! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!! I have been doing the C25K training program.This morning I completed WEEK 5, DAY 1. Am finding it very difficult. I am a very slow runner so if you are at the rate of 5 mph, that is speed racing in my book!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! Congratulations!! A few weeks ago i did my first 5.4 mile walk and i remember how good that felt!!

WtG!!
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    I have been running off and on for the last year and a half. I either fall off the wagon (not the treadmill yet :wink: ) or get injured. Have yet to run 5 MPH so you should be very proud of yourself!!! WTG and thanks for the inspiration!
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishment! You are a runner! I've heard audiobooks is a good running motivator. See you on the road!
  • linzchapates
    Options
    *HIGH FIVE* Great job! keep it up :)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! That is awesome stuff, don't discount your hard work talking about speed or that it's indoors, think of how far you have come!
    I am also learning to run at the moment in Zombies, Run 5K Training I am repeating my week3 of 8 weeks, but I hope to post like you have in the future.

Well done!
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    Awesome job! Netflix or music do help a lot, but to do a 5k outside all you need is some nice scenery and someone a little bit ahead of you to keep you entertained enough to run it :) I find it easier to run outside than on the treadmill, I get bored on it too quickly (still do it but count down the minutes). 5mph is still 12 min miles which is what they wanted out of us in HS so thats not bad at all!!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was surprised how quickly my running time progressed after I did my first 5K. You did great and you're on your way to even more accomplishments!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

(btw - my son put episodes of various sit coms on an old mp4 player which i take with me when i walk/jog. I don't watch it, but just listen to the soundtrack. it's stuff i've seen a million times anyway like friends or TBBT, but it helps time move faster)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    congrats!! the first one is always a memorable thing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!