Anyone do weight watchers online?

Options
who all has done the weight watchers online?? is it worth it? what has been your results with using the site? any adivce? im thinking about joining it!

Replies

• starryk
    Options
    HI - me too - I'm thinking about joining online but attending meetings. I would love to hear some feedback. I've kinda made the decision to start this week.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    MFP does the same thing, for free. With calories, which are way easier to figure out than points. WHY would I pay for it when MFP is FREE, EFFECTIVE, and AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have done it before. IMO, this is more user-friendly...and FREE.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    What does WWO have that this site doesn't? I heard they're very similar except for the meetings, but we have the message boards.
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers online last year. I lost almost 30 lbs. I didn't attend meetings, just online. I stopped paying for weight watchers when a friend told me about MFP. It basically is the same thing, just calories & not points. I personally think calories is easier! I could never figure out how many points something was with out using their calculator.
    Too bad I started dating a foodie & gained it back because I stopped tracking.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    I've done it and had success. However, MFP is more user friendly and free. I prefer MFP.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    So you are going to pay money for what you can get for free on MFP? I don't understand...

I can get the people who do the meetings, they want/need the support of *real* in person people, but the online is just a waste of money when there are sites like MFP
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used WW online before finding MFP. I cancelled it and have been doing MFP for almost 4 months and like it much better...I like counting calories and watching my macros better than trying to figure out points.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member. I use points. And I eat up to my calories on MFP, but I am always way under my daily points. I like MFP's online stuff better. However, WWO is good because:

It is scientifically reviewed.
    WW allows you to have weekly accountability.
    WW helps you learn the mind-game aspect of weight loss.
    I hear the Online portion is soon going to be available free to WW members that go to the meetings. I do not know when that will be or if it is true or not.

If you can afford it, join WW, and when you couple WW with MFP, you have total 360 degree coverage for your goals.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did WW online for years. Momentum worked for me, however I was starving and gained that weight back...and then some! They then changed to Points Plus----I tried it twice on two different occasions and I did not lose a single pound.

I paid for every month for years.....and I am heavier now than I have ever been. I had a friend of mine who had done WW before tell me about MFP. She used MFP and lost 75 pounds and has kept it off!! I then checked out MFP and I LOVE it!!!

MFP is awesome because the data base for food is 10x bigger.....the people on here are so much nicer compared to WW. Some of those people on there are brutal. I love counting calories as opposed to having to figure out points!!!! It is so much easier all around to use MFP! I have learned so much about my eating and my body by reading on these boards.

I never knew anything about TDEE/BMR.....and how I need to look at my eating. All I knew was that I got a certain amount of points per day and that was it. Come to find out, they had me set at 1250 calories per day. I was starving and did not lose a pound! MFP has me set at 1500 minimum! I am having slow success with MFP but that is okay because this is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet!

I can't see myself ever going back to WW....this site has been an eye opener for me. I now use a heart rate monitor for exercise~~some I NEVER knew anything about on WW. I can't stress enough......stick with this! :happy:
  • arrosa
    arrosa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've tried both but I like this one better. It seems more accurate to me.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    who has the time to keep track of both? I don't.

and no one has pointed out that by MFP being free it changes your mindset. You can look at being on MFP for years or a lifetime when it is free. This promotes lifestyle change more than WW where you always have to pay. And once you stop paying many of the daily benefits go out the window.

I do wish MFP would address the mind game more. I'm sure if they contacted some nutrtionists and dieticians and created some good content it would be of great benefit. They could even give then some free ad space in return for their services.
    I am a WW member. I use points. And I eat up to my calories on MFP, but I am always way under my daily points. I like MFP's online stuff better. However, WWO is good because:

I hear the Online portion is soon going to be available free to WW members that go to the meetings. I do not know when that will be or if it is true or not.

If you can afford it, join WW, and when you couple WW with MFP, you have total 360 degree coverage for your goals.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    who has the time to keep track of both? I don't.

and no one has pointed out that by MFP being free it changes your mindset. You can look at being on MFP for years or a lifetime when it is free. This promotes lifestyle change more than WW where you always have to pay. And once you stop paying many of the daily benefits go out the window.

I do wish MFP would address the mind game more. I'm sure if they contacted some nutrtionists and dieticians and created some good content it would be of great benefit. They could even give then some free ad space in return for their services.

I have the benefit of having mine paid for by my work.
  • Shurnette
    Options
    I have just joining weight watchers On line today I hope it works.
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I joined a month ago bc I thought if I paid for it maybe I would stick to it but it didn't work. I lost 60 lbs on MFP last year but hit a stumbling block last summer and stopped everything. I want to do both but its a little hard so I am dedicating myself to WW online right now and see how it works. I am going to go strong!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Going to meetings is the best bang for your buck if you are going to do WW's but if you only plan on doing it online then why not stay with mfp for free? I have done both: meetings and online. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful with recipes, message boards, food and weight tracking, etc. But its so expensive. You can get that on here too. In fact you don't have to pay to take advantage of weight watchers if you google it and look up some of the recipes or get weight watchers on your facebook page. I was doing weight watchers but switched to mfp because its free and pretty much the same thing. Its up to you, but I would rather spend that money on new workout clothes or hand weights or walking shoes, etc.
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for an alternative to meet in a group setting...check your area for a TOPS group...It cost so much less than WW. You follow your own diet plan but meet for group support and weigh-in. I have really enjoyed the organization and the people who I attend with are wonderful and supportive....I use that in conjunction with MFP. My feeling are, whatever works for you do it.....I have attended WW in the past but we all know the weight loss comes down to calories consumed vs calories burned.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I also started online with WW but found this site and like it better and it is FREE. I canceled WW and been here since.I have learned more about eating proper nutrition and exercise then I did paying at WW.Also found cooking sites that calculate calories and serving size skinnytaste.com, emilybites.com .I am staying here for the rest of my life to keep my weight in check and enjoying good food and friends.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    foiled by a zombie thread...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!