Plateaued already! HELP

Options
Alright so stats: 20 years old
HW:188
CW: 178
GW: 160
UGW: Wherever I feel great
Height: About 6 feet

Its been a month and I've lost 10 pounds and about 2 inches overall but A) I don't see it and B) I've stopped losing already! I have about 18 pounds left till my first goal weight and I don't want to plateau! I eat around 1200 a day (give or take), exercise about 5 times a week when I can, mostly cardio. I feel like I'm doing everything right.. I don't get it! What can I do to get over this and get back to weight loss?! Any help is most appreciated....

Replies

• ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You lost 10 pounds in a month! That's amazing, great work !!

I would up your calories, unless you don't do anything for all of the day except for when you work out, (i'm not being sarcastic, I work from home and therefore am SUPER sedentary during the day) as well make sure to eat back your exercise calories.

Also be patient with it, in the long term, one month isn't really that much time, and where you don't have a massive amount to loose it'll take a lot longer to see. I know it can be super frustrating but it really does take a while, you didn't put on the weight in a month so you can't expect to take a huge chunk of it off in a month (although 10 pounds is really awesome)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough food at all. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ will give you a healthier calorie goal.

And weight loss is not linear, stalls happen all the time, a real plateau is longer than 4-6 weeks and typically means you're doing something wrong.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Alright so stats: 20 years old
    HW:188
    CW: 178
    GW: 160
    UGW: Wherever I feel great
    Height: About 6 feet

Its been a month and I've lost 10 pounds and about 2 inches overall but A) I don't see it and B) I've stopped losing already! I have about 18 pounds left till my first goal weight and I don't want to plateau! I eat around 1200 a day (give or take), exercise about 5 times a week when I can, mostly cardio. I feel like I'm doing everything right.. I don't get it! What can I do to get over this and get back to weight loss?! Any help is most appreciated....

How long has it been since you've seen movement on the scale?
    From your wording, its hard to tell. It reads like you've been at this a month.

As previous posters have stated, you should assess your intake and ensure that 1200 calories is an appropriate number for you.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    1200 calories is sufficient as long as you're getting wholesome, nutritious foods. Darlin' - I think it's time for you to pick up some weights.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    sounds like an amazing success. it isn't uncommon for the scale to slow after a big weight loss. I know that cutting anymore calories is NOT the answer. Maybe an increase in calories will get your body primed to lose again.