Reese's Pieces Protein Shake

Options

Replies

• texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I make mine the same but pop a frozen banana in to make it creamy and it is amazing!
  • melindafritz
    Options
    hmmmmmm sounds good
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know what you're thinking... "Reese's Pieces? This is going to be PACKED full of calories."

On the contrary. It's only 160cals for a little more than 8oz and has 17g of protein!

Here's what you need:

2 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use MyoFusion Milk Chocolate)
    1 cup of milk (I use almond breeze - vanilla, unsweetened almond milk)

I like to blend mine with ice so that it's more like a milk shake but it tastes just as great without ice!

Enjoy, it's the most amazing protein shake I've ever tasted!

Here is my recipe. I use actual Reese's Pieces:

2hmoncx.jpg

1054 calories
    128g carbs
    34g fat
    57g protein!!
    591g sodium
    13g fiber

If you like your smoothies to be thicker, just replace the Almond Milk with more Greek Yogurt or Ice Cream

I like Reese's Pieces and they contain 15g of protein per theater sized box. You can use PB2 as a lower calorie alternative.

I am dedicating my midnight trail run to this recipe tonight. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know what you're thinking... "Reese's Pieces? This is going to be PACKED full of calories."

On the contrary. It's only 160cals for a little more than 8oz and has 17g of protein!

Here's what you need:

2 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use MyoFusion Milk Chocolate)
    1 cup of milk (I use almond breeze - vanilla, unsweetened almond milk)

I like to blend mine with ice so that it's more like a milk shake but it tastes just as great without ice!

Enjoy, it's the most amazing protein shake I've ever tasted!

Here is my recipe. I use actual Reese's Pieces:

2hmoncx.jpg

1054 calories
    128g carbs
    34g fat
    57g protein!!
    591g sodium
    13g fiber

If you like your smoothies to be thicker, just replace the Almond Milk with more Greek Yogurt or Ice Cream

I like Reese's Pieces and they contain 15g of protein per theater sized box. You can use PB2 as a lower calorie alternative.

I am dedicating my midnight trail run to this recipe tonight. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
    Now THAT's a Reese's Pieces Protein Shake! I am SO having that, (as long as I can sub out the yogurt for ice cream) Halloween night maybe. Finish off the eat pizza (ice cream) everyday challenge in style! :drinker:
  • recovery114
    Options
    Bump
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yumm that sounds good!! I've never looked for PB2 before. Where would I find it? Would WalMart have it, maybe with their protein powders, etc., or is it more of a specialty store thing?

I got mine at a specialty supplement store called "HeavyWeights Training Center". They sell all protein powder and the likes. I live in a small provincial town in Canada though, so they might sell it at Wal-mart in other places :)

I just have to say, as a peanut butter addict, the powdered peanut butter has helped me reduce my calories by a landslide amount and it tastes amazing! :)

I really like and have been using Jif Natural peanut butter, it's a 2 Tablespoon serving instead of 1 and less calories...though not as few calories as the PB2. I found it online at the GNC store near here. I can't wait to try it!

Walmart in Oklahoma just started carrying the PB2.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Some of the GNC stores carry it. Have to call tho because I have found not all have it
  • kpuriza
    kpuriza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I NEED to try this!
  • lilkitkat602
    lilkitkat602 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to make this!
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to try the powdered peanut butter, but you have just given me incentive to try it. Thanks!

PB2 is seriously a win in my book. I love the stuff in smoothies
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try!!! Thanks, thanks, thanks for sharing this :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    pretty much do this everytime. with almond milk.
  • Srardon82
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'm really going to have to try this! This sounds amazing!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    FYI for those asking where to get PB2... Vitacost has their own brand and it's 20% off right now making it about $2.50 for an 8oz jar. I used to be a PB2 addict, buying it a couple pounds at a time on Amazon- Vitacost's tastes the same and is cheaper.
    If you're interested send me a message and I can get you a code for $10 your order :happy:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yumm that sounds good!! I've never looked for PB2 before. Where would I find it? Would WalMart have it, maybe with their protein powders, etc., or is it more of a specialty store thing?
    At my walmart its on the pb aisle
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    (From the Bell Plantation website)

Find PB2

You can purchase PB2 and other Bell Plantation products in grocery stores and specialty shops around the country.
    Click here to find a store near you.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/locator/

The website also has the nutritional information:
    http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I make pretty much the same thing, but I take a cup of coffee the day before and put it in the fridge, and then when I'm ready to blend, I add a couple tablespoons of plain greek yogurt. Can you tell I don't like sweet shakes? I still use the chocolate protein powder, PB2, and almond milk. The coffee and greek yogurt add depth to the flavor, and extra creaminess.