No-heat lunches for work

Options
Hey all! I'm getting really tired of taking salads at work, and I don't have access to a microwave or fridge in my office (I bring a cooler and ice pack with me). What are you favorite healthy lunches to bring to work with you that don't require heating? Help me add some variety!

Replies

• Routerninja
    Options
    One of my favorites is a turkey wrap on a low cal spinach wrap, bolthouse farms honey mustard dressing, some light swiss cheese and a couple lettuce leaves.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad with beets and feta
    steak
    chicken
    pork
    smoked salmon
    fruit
    hummus
  • 03melissa05
    03melissa05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    turkey sandwich on arnold sandwich thin, chobani yogurt and fruit
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can pick up a decent thermos pretty cheap if you like soups, chilis, stews...that kind of thing.

I like cold quesdillas...and cold homemade pizza (on tortilla shells). Fancy sandwiches. Hmmm...
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Apple/fruit
    String cheese

lo-cal/high fiber granola bar

Not really lo-cal, but the Smucker's low sugar PBJ's
  • indiawastaken
    indiawastaken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Soup - a gazpacho that is meant to be eaten cold, or some brands of thermos that keep items hot for up to 12 hours
    Smoothies
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a sandwich and greek yogurt, but tried something new the other day that was yummy: chicken breast chunks (from a can) and buffalo sauce, eaten cold along with cottage cheese. Today I have chicken breast (boiled last night) that I'll be eating with guacamole, plus greek yogurt and a plum.

ETA: I eat PB&J almost every day, either for breakfast or as a pre-workout snack. Mine only comes to 295 calories (oroweat health-full bread, skippy natural, and smuckers simply fruit).
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That site had some great ideas! Thanks Runnergrlfl!
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Low-fat cottage cheese with a diced apple and some cinnamon, raw veggies with fruit, triscuits and cheese, and prosciutto-wrapped laughing cow cheese are what I usually bring :smile:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I bring stuff to make sandwiches oh and pbj too
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Tuna mixed with avocado and salsa on an arnolds round
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today I sliced an apple up and dipped it in about 1.5 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter, I had carrot sticks and cucumbers with light ranch and some pretzels.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Tuna pouches - lots of different flavors
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You can buy those soup containers for a few pounds, so you can warm up your soup in the morning and then have that for lunch. My friend did that all the time! C:
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    You can pick up a decent thermos pretty cheap if you like soups, chilis, stews...that kind of thing.

Or purchase one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H5V7ZY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

best thing EVER! I keep it right at my desk, plug it in around 10-10:30am, and my lunch is heated up by noon-12:30 :heart:
  • christia21
    christia21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    great ideas- thanks everyone! will use some of these for the kids' lunches too!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    use a thermos! I have 3 different sizes depending on what I'm taking... But you MUST pre-heat the thermos first - boil the water - fill the thermos and seal - then warm up you lunch - soup - stew-rice n veggies - any leftovers yummy - dump the water out fill with yumminess - super tasty lunch later - and still really warm!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Or purchase one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H5V7ZY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

best thing EVER! I keep it right at my desk, plug it in around 10-10:30am, and my lunch is heated up by noon-12:30 :heart:

Okay that is just adorable.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've never done this at work, but I'm sure that you can eat sandwiches, like luncheon meat or even tuna/chicken salad.

Is it a company where your boss would let you donate a microwave or bring one? They're only like $50. If not, you can use one in your car. Much more expensive, though. http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Microwave-Appliance-Operation-Battery/dp/B00A40ZHJK