Group Challenge Starting 11-01-2013

Options
Hello. I am thinking about starting a group challenge. I'd like to get about 10 really dedicated people to participate. I'll make us a group page and a spreadsheet for each month. We would have weekly nutrition and exercise challenges.

I keep joining challenges only to have people drop out or shut the group down due to lack of response. I would like to find a dedicated group of people that would like to keep this going long term.

If you are interested please let me know.

Replies

• Mommyunruhx2
    Mommyunruhx2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sign me up....can you also YELL at me when I don't do it hahaha
  • lnhunt29
    lnhunt29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need all the help I can get. Sign me up.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP at the beginning of July and lost 20 lbs in my first 12 weeks. Hit a plateau so decided to consciously use October as a maintenance month and let my body "reset". Now I am looking for a group challenge from November 1st to January 1st and my goal is to lose 15 lbs over 8 1/2 weeks. Count me in. :happy:
  • Mjconnelly586
    Mjconnelly586 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a challenge!! Count me in!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am thinking about starting a group challenge. I'd like to get about 10 really dedicated people to participate. I'll make us a group page and a spreadsheet for each month. We would have weekly nutrition and exercise challenges.

I keep joining challenges only to have people drop out or shut the group down due to lack of response. I would like to find a dedicated group of people that would like to keep this going long term.

If you are interested please let me know.

Count me in, anything to lose at least 10 pounds between now and Christmas would be a blessing.
  • strong_enough
    strong_enough Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great! I will get the group page made and invites sent out. I already have the spreadsheets started.
  • Clemmi17
    Clemmi17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd be very interested in joining the challenge. I joined a promising-sounding challenge earlier this year but it fizzled out and only 2 of us finished the 3 month challenge! Even the person who started it gave up after 2 weeks. That's not the sort of motivation I need. If I say I'm doing something, I do it but I'd like to have the mutual support of others.

I've lost 10kg and would like to lose another 12kg, maybe a bit less. I do a lot of gardening, I swim and walk. I live in the countryside in France
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Great! I will get the group page made and invites sent out. I already have the spreadsheets started.

Thanks. Anything to get me out of the 160s.
  • sjs3068
    sjs3068 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in joining!!!
  • fullersun50
    Options
    Me too! I also just joined a challenge through my corporate gym (including weekly weigh-ins), so I definitely plan to stick with it.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join a group where I'm not the last one posting day after day after day...I need to lose 10 pounds between now and the New Year, so if you would, please add me to your group challenge.

Chris
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sign me up and keep me in the loop so I get an invite please. Thanks! :)
  • racheldeherrera
    racheldeherrera Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, please include me.
    Rachel
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If there's still room for me I'd love in!
  • strong_enough
    strong_enough Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will include everyone that has responded up to this point. Give me some time and I will get you all invites to the group :-)
  • Islandready1968
    Islandready1968 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! I am so ready and would LOVE a targeted group... Let's do this
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    sign me up
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late or if you haven't closed the group, I would like to join. Have participated and completed two challenges - one in August and another in September. Need to get back to being more accountable in my exercise program. Let me know!! Thanks.
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier right? I also have been part of groups that have dwindled until only me and one other person were left. I have also been part of a group where the fearless leader quit! I love challenges and would love to be a part of this group.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would love too! I'm going to be participating in the "no cheat november" it has such a nice ring to it I think C: