Last Ditch effort to get the scale moving again. Thoughts?

After going from losing 2lbs a week to not having lost anything in the past 2-3 months, I'm doing a last ditch effort to get my weight loss back on track. My diary is open and for the past week or so I have concentrated my efforts on eating closer to my goal without eating back my exercise calories. I have just adjusted my goal to be TDEE - 20% which gives me 1650, and I am not going to bother recording exercise at all as I have it set to lightly active. Other goals are at 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. Once I get my nutribullet I will be able to hit my protein quota more easily as my blender died and I can't have my daily protein shake anymore without it being chunky and gross :( I also know I need to get my water intake up as I barely drink anything throughout the day and some of this weight is I'm sure water retention. And before anyone mentions it from my diary, a few weeks ago I went through a monopoly phase at McDonald's and ate there almost every day so I'm sure that didn't help either. D:

I was losing inches for a while as my body was redistributing my weight around and have ceased even losing inches for the past month. In October I lost a total of 2lbs and one of which I'm not even convinced wasn't scale error so let's just say I've only lost 1lb, and a combined total of like 2 inches off of various areas.

Anyway, anyone have any advice or thoughts on things I can do to help get me going again? Going to the gym isn't an option (no moneys) and I have joint issues which prevent me from doing any sort of jumping/running/aggressive exercise routines like any of Beachbody's workouts.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Use a food scale if you aren't. The approach looks pretty solid. Good luck.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    It doesn't look like you are eating enough. You are set for 1650 but eating about 1300 plus working out. You should count all calories and track your exercise calories.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Use a food scale if you aren't. The approach looks pretty solid. Good luck.

Knew I was forgetting something- I do use a scale!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    It doesn't look like you are eating enough. You are set for 1650 but eating about 1300 plus working out. You should count all calories and track your exercise calories.

It's something that I am working on.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    And IF is not an option for me just so that is known- I have trouble keeping my sugar levels up when I don't eat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Meet your daily calorie goal. It's a goal, something you should stive to meet. Eat more protein. Eat less sodium. Eat more vegetables. Stay out of McD.

Exercise - whatever you are able to do - yoga, walk, spin, dance - just move!
  • delong99
    delong99 Posts: 22 Member
    More fresh fruits and vegetables and less processed food - I bet you'll see a change!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    The past week looks pretty good. You're within error margin of your calorie goal, and the exercise calories look overestimated, so no worries on not eating them back.

The only suggestion I can offer at this point would be (a) more calories from protein (which you've already addressed anyway) and (b) more low intensity exercise (i.e., more walking).

Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, and things should get rolling again - good luck!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Try eating at tdee for a couple weeks, then switching back to your deficit.
  • AmykinsCatfood

I've been thinking about this but eating over 2000 calories without going over on all my macro's seems really difficult to do. Maybe it's something that I will just need to do and not worry about the macros for a bit. Kind of like a re-feed.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    The past week looks pretty good. You're within error margin of your calorie goal, and the exercise calories look overestimated, so no worries on not eating them back.

The only suggestion I can offer at this point would be (a) more calories from protein (which you've already addressed anyway) and (b) more low intensity exercise (i.e., more walking).

Stick with it for 3-4 weeks, and things should get rolling again - good luck!

Thanks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Buy Slim in 6 from Beachbody. There's no impact at all and it will give you some strength training too (and no, I'm not a coach). Or look at strength training routines on youtube.
    Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing... I love TDEE-20% also.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member

I've been thinking about this but eating over 2000 calories without going over on all my macro's seems really difficult to do. Maybe it's something that I will just need to do and not worry about the macros for a bit. Kind of like a re-feed.

It doesn't matter if you go over on macros, as long as you are staying within your calories goals.