How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options

Replies

• Sontoun
    Sontoun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs over 1 year. I've kept it off for a year within a +/- 5 lb range; this includes the month I was super sick and couldn't exercise and my "falling off the wagon" a few times with both eating habits and exercise. I'm not "skinny" as I see myself but am in the normal weight range for my height. I keep my "goals" loose so I don't set myself up for failure. I'm working more on toning up and decreasing fat percentage. Go slow with both diet and exercise because you are changing your lifestyle. Also, forgive yourself for "falling off the wagon" then just back on and restart again! Oh, no matter what, I've logged in daily in MFP for over 2 years.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just started back in August 2013. I went on vacation and gained about albs (still don't know how that happened as we mostly cooked) but I have been able to knock that back down in the past 2 week. I have a lot to go so i'm expecting to be here for the long haul.
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It has been a very long journey for me. It took me about 2 years to lose 40 pounds before I came to My Fitness Pal. I joined here in February and have lost only 6 pounds more - so kind of at a plateau.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Lost 35 lbs in about 5 months.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    7 months, 100ish pounds.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started January 2013 so 9.5 months although last couple of months I've had losses maintains and small gains. I lost an average of about 1.25lb per week. Good luck to you :0)
  • mama2cam
    mama2cam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 months 18 lbs
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started in earnest about 7 weeks ago and I have lost 26 pounds. While I am very happy with this rapid pace I also know it will slow down as I move closer to my goal. Good luck on your weight loss journey and feel free to add me as a friend if you need support.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I set my profile to lose 2#/week. It's pretty aggressive, but I have a lot to lose. The way I'm wired is to set the bar high and try to meet it. I don't get discouraged if I don't lose two pounds every week, it does fluctuate, I just get more determined to try harder the next week. I've just gone through a 6 week plateau (non-weight-related illness/injury) so I'm hitting it hard the next 8 weeks to try & meet my mini goal by Christmas. I've lost 53# in a little over 6 months - I still have a long way to go, but I'm about 1/3 of the way there. I tell myself that I just have to do what the same thing two more times!!

Just be consistent with logging, honest with portion sizes, and know that MFP overestimates calories burned during exercise. I only eat back half or less, of the calories MFP gives me for exercise, or I use my Heart Rate Monitor to track my cardio burns.

You can do it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have lost 49 lb so far using My Fitness Pal and I've been doing it 7 months now - since March 25, 2013.

That's 31 weeks. I'm set at 1.5 lb per week which means I've lost 1.58 lb per week. Part of the reason I'm such a believer in this site haha.

My loss tends to go like this: 1 lb per week and then 2-5 lb the week before my period (sorry if TMI), then no loss during my period and then back to approx. 1 lb per week, repeat. So it's not actually 1.58 lb each week if that helps.

I started at 262 and am now at 213.

(Before I started MFP it took me over 4 years to lose 45 lb, going from 307 to 262. Back then I used primarily exercise and didn't eat a steady amount of calories...maybe 800 one day and 2,500 the next)
  • justiceevers
    Options
    It really depends on how much you have to lose. An obese person will lose weight much faster than someone who has 5-10 pounds to lose. When I started my journey, I'd say I was overweight, but not obese by any means. I've lost about 35 pounds in about 5 months. Good luck to you! :)
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    26lbs, lost in about 2 and a half months.

about lbs away from my goal, 7lbs till I hit the mark of super happy me! C:
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I jumped on the wagon, dropped 2st slowly and steadily in 7 months and then fell of the wagon with a bump and piled a stone back on in the next 7 months!

Picked myself up and hopped right back on the wagon and in two months I am the stone down and on my way to goal.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • ToolRat
    ToolRat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    210 days and almost 70 pounds lost. I have also gained in muscle over that time.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    For my ticker loss (27) since April 2013 (when I started MFP in earnest). However, I've lost a total of 36 lbs since November 2012.
  • happinessishealth
    Options
    Ah good question that's sort of hard to answer for me ! I never really weighed myself just before starting a healthier lifestyle on 31st August this year, so I don't *actually* know my exact start weight but I knew it was roughly around 156/157lbs. Using mfp, which I have found great I am about 146/7lbs now, but I am weighing in on the Friday 1st so I hope its gone a bit down. So in just under two months I have lost around 10lbs, 7lbs the first month and three (maybe four we will see) this month, which I am really happy about :) I've had my bad days (and they have been BAD), which I know has slowed the weight loss down quite a bit but there's been more good than bad and I am trying everyday! But I don't have too much to lose, 25lbs, so its going to be a bit slower. I wish you the best of luck.
  • davimen
    davimen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in Dec, 2012. I have lost 36 pounds to date, with MILES to go. No quitting. Cheers!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I started beginning of January and lost 40 from then until April. Then I moved, broke my toe, couldn't exercise so then didn't watch what I ate. This lasted 3 months. Then back in July I got back on track. At this point I am down 62 now. Good luck on your journey!:drinker:
  • michybeans
    Options
    I joined awhile ago but started actually learning things about nutrition and fitness and trying to change my life on July 4th. In that time, I've lost 20 pounds in 3 months. May not seem like much to some, but it's a lot to me especially since I only workout a few days a week. Going with the thought of slow and steady wins the race... :) I find it much easier to make it a lifestyle change by incorporating these changes slowly too.

Good luck with your journey!
  • IvanyMerk2012
    Options
    suprisingly to me it only took less then a year to loose 53lbs but im super happy about it :)