Binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    OH MY! waaaayyyyy too many! Whats worse, sometimes i eat a bunch of things i dont even want to try to find what im really craving! this mostly happens on weekend that i dont have errands to run or things to do...uuugghhh
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I've managed to scarf down a whopping 5,000 before... pizza, wings, ice cream, potato chips... yep, it happens.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want. So there's no binging.

Surely you have days with intense cravings when you eat a LOT more than 'normal', no? I think that would constitute a binge.

Nope. Because I don't deprive myself. If I want beers, I drink beers. If I want a piece of cake, I eat cake. I don't restrict myself or say that I can't have any food. For me, this alleviates any desire to binge. When you allow yourself to eat what you want and do so in moderation it's a win-win. I eat 1800 about 1800 calories a day. I may go a little over every so often, but that's fine with me.

Today I had a big slice of greek pizza because I wanted it. I also had a grande salted caramel mocha frappacino. I'm still losing weight. Not because I have some crazy awesome metabolism, but because I allow myself to eat what I want and I work hard to lose the weight.

I believe it's about moderation not deprivation.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I typically track on my binge days too.. I have gotten as high as 2300.. but i'm typically trying to stay between 1200-1400 calories a day.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tracked everything I ate and was disgusted with myself. I had eaten very close to 8000 calories in one day...I work at a convenient store that sells donuts, flips, pizza, sandwhiches, and cheesecake....I think I had two or more of everything that day. crazy insanity that day :sad:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I can easily top 8000 calories on a binge day.

Easily.
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As a male, at my heaviest, let's just say there are more than a few times where I was confident (100% so) that this Chinese buffet lost money on me.

100% confident.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If I binge apart from my normal eating for the day then i would be 2,000 cals over (since using MFP i am normally eating around 1,600).. but if I decide my whole day to be a total binge then I am anywhere in the range of 5,000- 9,000 cals :noway:
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    When I began recovering from anorexia, it sort of morphed into BED for a while...so I would eat anywhere between 2000-8000 calories in about an hour almost every night. I believe I gained 10 pounds in a little over a week, and they weren't just water weight! Glad those days are behind me :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Never tracked a binge but I bet close to 8000 or so
  • vulcan06
    vulcan06 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    since MFP my biggest tracking day was 4500- that is just what i had counted- before MFP I could probably scarf down 6-8000 calories in a single day- and that is a conservitive guess- I love knowing i am not the only one binge eating- thank you for the topic:embarassed:
  • MyLuvMaya
    MyLuvMaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Surely you have days with intense cravings when you eat a LOT more than 'normal', no? I think that would constitute a binge.

Nope. Because I don't deprive myself. If I want beers, I drink beers. If I want a piece of cake, I eat cake. I don't restrict myself or say that I can't have any food. For me, this alleviates any desire to binge. When you allow yourself to eat what you want and do so in moderation it's a win-win. I eat 1800 about 1800 calories a day. I may go a little over every so often, but that's fine with me.

Today I had a big slice of greek pizza because I wanted it. I also had a grande salted caramel mocha frappacino. I'm still losing weight. Not because I have some crazy awesome metabolism, but because I allow myself to eat what I want and I work hard to lose the weight.

^^^^^This!!!!!!!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    true..moderation is the key, diets don't work....amen
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options

^^^^^This!!!!!!!

That's great that you're able to do that, but it seems like you think the desire to binge only occurs when someone is depriving themselves, and that's just not true at all. I've never starved myself, my calorie goal is 1800, i don't have a restrictive diet, but i binge at least three times a month. I'm sure that most of the other people who posted don't starve themselves either. Binge eating is a disorder. Manageable, yes, but it's not as simple as you're making it out to be.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options

This bugs me, so I have to chime in. Binging is NOT always a result of deprivation. Maybe sometimes, and maybe even often, but I do not believe that people who binge, would just STOP, if they simply ate cake when they wanted to. And I'm not talking about "cheat days," holiday meals, or overeating episodes. I'm talking about real, out of control, excessive binging. I eat what I want, as well, but the compulsion to binge, is a whole different animal. I am a recovering compulsive overeater/binger, and I am someone who binges, regardless of how much I've eaten in a day, or what types of foods I've eaten. I honestly think if you haven't dealt with it, you won't necessarily the compulsion. Just my 2 cents. Take what you want, and leave the rest.
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't really binge on FOOD.... but I can have a night where I throw back a good bottle or two of wine which would be 1500+ calories or so. Then there's the inevitable greasy/carby breakfast the next day, but I can usually fit that into my allowance.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I am a 1800 calorie a day eater. When I binge, its usually around 3-3500k-ish. Its mostly high cal foods rather than a ton of volume. Like coffee panna cotta(usually 300-500 for a small bowl, pie, cake, pizza... I may eat 2-3 slices throughout the day instead of 1 but its not like I'm eating half a pie. It physically HURTS when I eat too much now and I feel like crap.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump for later