Need support!

Hi!This is just the start of the third week of mine. My body is getting sore, I just wanted to ask for support or advice from fellow MFP members out there. What kept you going? Or maybe show before and after pics, I'd rather prefer from beginning to 1 month since the first month.. ugghh.. gets so lazy and you feel... so uninspired at times

Replies

• kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    I know how you feel. I've been quite lazy lately. Keep encouraging other people to work out but I dont do what I preach lol. I'll follow this post too and see if anyone has some good advice for us ;)
  • jkkenny3
    jkkenny3 Posts: 6 Member
    If you're sore from exercising, start taking 1000 mg. of fish oil 3x a day. also add electrolytes to your workout to keep yourself from fatigue:) check out The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper, trainer on The Greatest Loser. He lists 20 tips to keep you healthy, energetic and able to have a good night's sleep:D
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Hi!This is just the start of the third week of mine. My body is getting sore, I just wanted to ask for support or advice from fellow MFP members out there. What kept you going? Or maybe show before and after pics, I'd rather prefer from beginning to 1 month since the first month.. ugghh.. gets so lazy and you feel... so uninspired at times

The soreness goes away for the most part after 3-4 weeks. From that point on, soreness is minimal. Keep pushing through the pain and it'll get much better. You won't feel as tired or spent as you are feeling now. Always strive to be better next week than you are right now and picture yourself where you want to be. It's all mental, keep pushing forward and you'll be fine. Don't give up.
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    October 29, 2013 7:13 pm
    If you're sore from exercising, start taking 1000 mg. of fish oil 3x a day. also add electrolytes to your workout to keep yourself from fatigue:) check out The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper, trainer on The Greatest Loser. He lists 20 tips to keep you healthy, energetic and able to have a good night's sleep:D

The soreness goes away for the most part after 3-4 weeks. From that point on, soreness is minimal. Keep pushing through the pain and it'll get much better. You won't feel as tired or spent as you are feeling now. Always strive to be better next week than you are right now and picture yourself where you want to be. It's all mental, keep pushing forward and you'll be fine. Don't give up.

Thanks. Wish it was that easy. Mentally part is getting lazy, yet I know I need to keep on doing it. Fish oil? What does that do?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    October 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks. Wish it was that easy. Mentally part is getting lazy, yet I know I need to keep on doing it. Fish oil? What does that do?

There have been studies that show that taking fish oil will help prevent muscle soreness, but also studies that show that it has no effect. Fish oil is helpful however for overall health and has the following effects: "decreases in blood platelet aggregation, lowered blood pressure, enhancement of smooth muscle function, decreased inflammation, alleviation of dyslipidema, and treatment of mood disorders. There’s even emerging evidence pointing to the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids on bone health"
  • jkkenny3
    jkkenny3 Posts: 6 Member
    This is the direct quote of Bob Harper of The Skinny Rules:
    "...rule 9 of the skinny rules: Take advantage of the restorative power of daily fish oil.
    Fish oil can help with post exercise soreness and also boost immunity...ever since I have been using it, the soreness has all but disappeared. As a guy who's business is to exercise, I'd have to say it's changed my life. So how much fish oil should you take? This is simple. You are looking to get 3000 milligrams of fish oil into you every day....(label should say 1000 mg. omega 3 fatty acids)...because the science shows that 2000 milligrams is the minimum dose of fish oil for anti-inflammatory benefits and 3000 milligrams or more is the dosage used in the important studies of fish oil and muscle soreness."
  • johnnifast
    johnnifast Posts: 23 Member
    Honestly, Instagram keeps me going. Everyday I log on and browse some fitness hashtags. Seeing those meals and gym pics keeps me motivated daily and I get excited to hit the gym after work. And of course seeing my old fat pics! Transformation pics are the best.

If you ever feel like you are at a rut or just dont feel like going on, remember why you started and if need be, go look at others for motivation. No shame in that. I upload my fitness and food pics to keep myself honest with what I eat and do in the gym.

You got this!